Are you really worried about it? What bits do you intend wearing, or like normal will you simply continue using your Favourite Kit?
It's going to be a long sweaty day if you decide to try out your underarmour lookalikes and they end up stuck up the crack of your ass! Glad to hear reports that the Storm Coat seems to be OK.
Living in a countrty like the UK I'd have thought an efficient Waterproof would have been Top of the Kit list, especially as it's used for Company Recognition & Branding. After all what you wear under it doesn't really matter if the public can't see it. Talking of Company Recognition & Branding WTF happened with those Blank Navy Blue Caps with just a little red tag showing? Did Simple Simon get a cheap job lot from Del Boy down the market?
REMEMBER YOUR EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED BY THE LOWEST BIDDER.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
While the shoes and waterproof jacket aren't great, of all the things wrong with RM when Super SI took over I would have put the uniform a long way down the list.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
While the shoes and waterproof jacket aren't great, of all the things wrong with RM when Super SI took over I would have put the uniform a long way down the list.
IMAGE is EVERYTHING in the world of Corporate BS! "You've got to look successful to be successful" Jimmy McGill
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Yep everyone in Huddersfield. No one really likes the colour scheme but apart from the cap it's pretty decent to wear, the one good thing about it is that in low light conditions, like going to and from work in Winter, the top layer has strips that reflect light, but also are luminous even if there is no light to reflect it.
Its also very warm, and the jacket and trousers are actually waterproof except in the heaviest rain, the storm coat seems more waterproof.
1 Plus is everything has more pockets, however, there are no inside pockets but it is a minor issue for me.
Has everyone fully moved over to the uniform or is it a bit of a mix ‘n’ match?
I remember when we changed kit,circa 2010,a few people continued to wear the old gear as well as the new stuff…ie,the old blue trousers with new red fleece…
Yep everyone in Huddersfield. No one really likes the colour scheme but apart from the cap it's pretty decent to wear, the one good thing about it is that in low light conditions, like going to and from work in Winter, the top layer has strips that reflect light, but also are luminous even if there is no light to reflect it.
Its also very warm, and the jacket and trousers are actually waterproof except in the heaviest rain, the storm coat seems more waterproof.
1 Plus is everything has more pockets, however, there are no inside pockets but it is a minor issue for me.
Has everyone fully moved over to the uniform or is it a bit of a mix ‘n’ match?
I remember when we changed kit,circa 2010,a few people continued to wear the old gear as well as the new stuff…ie,the old blue trousers with new red fleece…
We've got a guy still wearing the old purple trousers now!
I ordered full new uniform in October, as yet received nothing. People app will only let me order 5 maturity tops. I'm wearing my own clothes on delivery but as a man in my 40s, I'm considering it at this point.
Yep everyone in Huddersfield. No one really likes the colour scheme but apart from the cap it's pretty decent to wear, the one good thing about it is that in low light conditions, like going to and from work in Winter, the top layer has strips that reflect light, but also are luminous even if there is no light to reflect it.
Its also very warm, and the jacket and trousers are actually waterproof except in the heaviest rain, the storm coat seems more waterproof.
1 Plus is everything has more pockets, however, there are no inside pockets but it is a minor issue for me.
Has everyone fully moved over to the uniform or is it a bit of a mix ‘n’ match?
I remember when we changed kit,circa 2010,a few people continued to wear the old gear as well as the new stuff…ie,the old blue trousers with new red fleece…
I would say its about 95% at the moment.
At the start, everyone was wearing the new kit, but then as we have new people starting they have been using the unclaimed old kit. Also, I personally don't think there are enough trousers or tops for a physical job (1 shirt, and 2 Polo shirts (not including 2 undershirts) so by the end of the week its a case of mix and math.
The undershirts and leggings are optional, but a godsend when it's cold. Some are wearing leggings (which are really long underwear to me) under shorts, and it does look daft to me, but it is optional so as long as they are happy, what does my opinion matter/.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
I've ordered plenty of Blue shirts, I've always worn them, and will continue to do so.
SNAP! I think I've got about 15 Blue Shirts now so that should last me up to Retirement.
Plus in the Summer I'll wear a clean shirt everyday, we've got posties saying they only got 3 of the new shirts WTF. It's bad enough with some of our colleagues being allergic to soap without making them wear the same kit for days!
Looking forward to the Lycra.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)