ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special delivery mistake

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by Jahpostie »

steve1873 wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2022, 09:35
Jahpostie wrote: ↑
09 Feb 2022, 19:37
Say nothing. Deny everything and you'll be alright. There is no proof you didn't hand it to her.
Apart from the GPS data (assuming he scanned item) and the fact he went to the intended recipients House and told them exactly where he had delivered it, which would be corroborated by said GPS data in the even of a fact finding.
If it was in a flat or a few doors close by the GPS data is not good enough to pinpoint between a few doors. I've seen the data several times. Unless of course RM have upgraded their systems over the last few months! . As long as it was scanned in the vicinity don't worry. The likelihood is the neighbour gave it to them anyway. 99% of people are decent!
TopperGas
Posts: 3525
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by TopperGas »

If it went though a letterbox it's most likely of little financial value, unlike the iPhone I delivered recently, miss delivery that type of "special" and I can see it causing far bigger issues for a postie than just a new bank card/phone sim etc.
Paulo1963
Posts: 37
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by Paulo1963 »

Just be honest. You made a mistake, we are all human.
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 514
Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by Foxel »

Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes. If no one complains, management are rarely bothered.
I'm turning purple!
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by crimson king »

When I was six months in I knocked the door with a special, no answer. Wrote the 739 out, back to van. Went to put said special in the back, realised I was holding the 739 and had posted the unsigned for special through the door.

No one in to retrieve it, so rang the lino and explained straight away. Fair play, he was good as gold. Said don't stress over it and we'lll deal with it if anything arises. Nothing did, lesson learned, haven't done it again.

I learned a long time ago that saying nothing and hoping things stay quiet and forgotten never works for me. I prefer to be up front and take stuff on the chin if I have to...but that's just me penny's worth, for whatever it might amount to.

Don't stress though...we're posties, not surgeons.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by tractorboy2 »

Have you been the victim of postal negligence ? ring ***********.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by bustedflush »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
11 Feb 2022, 18:44
If it went though a letterbox it's most likely of little financial value, unlike the iPhone I delivered recently, miss delivery that type of "special" and I can see it causing far bigger issues for a postie than just a new bank card/phone sim etc.
That's completely wrong. I delivered numerous SD letterbox-sized plastic envelopes and Jiffy Bags which among other things (customer informed when signing) apparently contained substantial amounts of foreign holiday currency, gold bullion bars (small ones, 10-100g blister packed) and jewellery.
TopperGas
Posts: 3525
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Special delivery mistake

Post by TopperGas »

bustedflush wrote: ↑
13 Feb 2022, 12:48
TopperGas wrote: ↑
11 Feb 2022, 18:44
If it went though a letterbox it's most likely of little financial value, unlike the iPhone I delivered recently, miss delivery that type of "special" and I can see it causing far bigger issues for a postie than just a new bank card/phone sim etc.
That's completely wrong. I delivered numerous SD letterbox-sized plastic envelopes and Jiffy Bags which among other things (customer informed when signing) apparently contained substantial amounts of foreign holiday currency, gold bullion bars (small ones, 10-100g blister packed) and jewellery.
True, I was thinking of the more obvious ones which fit though letterboxes like bank cards or mobile phone sims. The truth is most of us have no idea what's inside so need to make sure they are delivered to the customer.