ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
This why dear old jet feels such an affinity for Corbyn; both still espouse views the "traditional" Labour voters have long since discarded. Land ownership, the aristocracy, the Monarchy, renationalising the railways and RM, etc etc vs more pressing 21st century issues like housing, healthcare and jobs.
And still Labour wonders why it's potential share of the vote has collapsed.
And still Labour wonders why it's potential share of the vote has collapsed.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
RM , the railways, steel (Tata), BT , RBS ...oh , btw, the military. All these private security contractors in Iraq are doing us no favours. I'm not a military type, but I know a lucrative and amoral scam when I see it.dvbuk55 wrote:Yes me too! Only post on here if Corbyn loses and the labour party can begin to rebuild itself without the loony left this time. Although would you indulge me one last time and enlighten me as to which industries you would renationalise.jetblack wrote:Anyhow, I'm starting to get tired of the sound of my own voice - I may post back here when the leadership contest is over, but not before.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Yes I wondered if you'd fall into the trap jet. RM, National Rail, BT, RBS, The military, well they aren't industries they don't make or produce anything. Steel (tata) well the government could have bought that for a £1. The days of propping up failing industries with public money are long gone - hence the total loss of the manufacturing industries in the UK.jetblack wrote:RM , the railways, steel (Tata), BT , RBS ...oh , btw, the military. All these private security contractors in Iraq are doing us no favours. I'm not a military type, but I know a lucrative and amoral scam when I see it.dvbuk55 wrote:Yes me too! Only post on here if Corbyn loses and the labour party can begin to rebuild itself without the loony left this time. Although would you indulge me one last time and enlighten me as to which industries you would renationalise.jetblack wrote:Anyhow, I'm starting to get tired of the sound of my own voice - I may post back here when the leadership contest is over, but not before.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I rejoined the Labour Party last year after Jeremy Corbyn was elected Leader. I had left after the war on Iraq. I am glad that he is taking a stand against austerity, cuts, nationalisation, war, and the other policies of the Tory Government. It is what is needed to differentiate Labour from the Conservatives. I think Corbyn is more likely to win back disillusioned former Labour voters than the MPs who are out of touch with ordinary people. I'm glad that my MP did not support the PLP's unconstitutional vote of no confidence.
Those MPs who are undermining the democratically elected party leader should be deselected. Good to see that Angela Eagle's Constituency Labour Party have expressed no confidence in her. Bristol CWU Branch has also censured their MPs who have supported the coup:
http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/201 ... gn-office/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CWU members who pay the political fund levy should have a vote in the leadership challenge election. I hope Jeremy Corbyn will get the support of CWU members again.
Those MPs who are undermining the democratically elected party leader should be deselected. Good to see that Angela Eagle's Constituency Labour Party have expressed no confidence in her. Bristol CWU Branch has also censured their MPs who have supported the coup:
http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/201 ... gn-office/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CWU members who pay the political fund levy should have a vote in the leadership challenge election. I hope Jeremy Corbyn will get the support of CWU members again.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Oh gosh - you done me up like a kipper there dvbdvbuk55 wrote: Yes I wondered if you'd fall into the trap jet.
Will see all you Thatchers children back here when Corbyn has become leader of the Labour Party (again) - providing the NEC don't put so many restrictions on voting that only PLP is allowed to vote.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Well jet I hope you and baldrick won't find it too lonely at the labour party conference if corbyn wins, if he loses though lets not have the histrionics we had after the brexit vote 
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Histrionics is what the Great British public now do so well.
Surely you're not going to deprive them of their moment in the (social media) spotlight?
Surely you're not going to deprive them of their moment in the (social media) spotlight?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Here's another article about Jeremy Corbyn makes very interesting reading and our union wants to support this man
http://capx.co/the-inconvenient-truth-a ... d-the-ira/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://capx.co/the-inconvenient-truth-a ... d-the-ira/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
It certainly was interesting DB and so was the dandering down the street years ago by corbyn with adams and mcguiness before the peace process.DB1100 wrote:Here's another article about Jeremy Corbyn makes very interesting reading and our union wants to support this man
http://capx.co/the-inconvenient-truth-a ... d-the-ira/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
All brushed under the carpet dvbuk55.is he fit to be a leader,like feck is he.dvbuk55 wrote:It certainly was interesting DB and so was the dandering down the street years ago by corbyn with adams and mcguiness before the peace process.DB1100 wrote:Here's another article about Jeremy Corbyn makes very interesting reading and our union wants to support this man
http://capx.co/the-inconvenient-truth-a ... d-the-ira/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
No histrionics from me after referendum, dvbuk55. I'm completely relaxed about it. I'll leave the histrionics to you and Tman, and the disappointed Brexiters when they discover they have been conned.dvbuk55 wrote:Well jet I hope you and baldrick won't find it too lonely at the labour party conference if corbyn wins, if he loses though lets not have the histrionics we had after the brexit vote
I have received an email invite to the party conference in September, but I'm not going. I'll watch it on the telly instead.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
dvbuk55 wrote:It certainly was interesting DB and so was the dandering down the street years ago by corbyn with adams and mcguiness before the peace process.DB1100 wrote:Here's another article about Jeremy Corbyn makes very interesting reading and our union wants to support this man
http://capx.co/the-inconvenient-truth-a ... d-the-ira/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So is the background of the writer. Not exactly an unbiased journalist.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Pictures don't lie, I'm not too sure about the quality of the journo or the veracity of the statement made by McDonnell but it does sound plausible. He does appear to be the ingratiating kind though.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:It certainly was interesting DB and so was the dandering down the street years ago by corbyn with adams and mcguiness before the peace process.DB1100 wrote:Here's another article about Jeremy Corbyn makes very interesting reading and our union wants to support this man
http://capx.co/the-inconvenient-truth-a ... d-the-ira/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So is the background of the writer. Not exactly an unbiased journalist.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Who have you been consulting now, Gypsy Rose Lee or old Mother Hubbard's tea leaves?[baldrick I'll leave the histrionics to you and Tman, and the disappointed Brexiters when they discover they have been conned.![]()
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
What momentum have done is completely self destructive, once Corbyn is gone the PLP will never again place so much power in the hands of the membership, you won't see another left-wing challenger in a leadership contest for 50 years.
It's obvious that rather than look at the performance of the leader and objectively deciding whether they are up to the job they will keep their man in place no matter what. You cannot leave power in the hands of that kind of mind set. It's pretty close to a dictatorship.
It's obvious that rather than look at the performance of the leader and objectively deciding whether they are up to the job they will keep their man in place no matter what. You cannot leave power in the hands of that kind of mind set. It's pretty close to a dictatorship.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share