ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by fishtank »

prophet wrote:We are being charged around £3.00 for our payslips to be sent to us.
I take it they are emailing payslips but charging for paper copies.
Scumbags. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
prophet
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Dec 2011, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by prophet »

fishtank wrote:
prophet wrote:We are being charged around £3.00 for our payslips to be sent to us.
I take it they are emailing payslips but charging for paper copies.
Scumbags. :cuppa
You name it, Their trying it; every dirty trick in the book. We work slave labour hours and either A.) Dont get paid on time, or, B.) Get paid half what were meant to. Ive already started looking for a new job. Oh, how great this christmas spirit :neutral:
wamdue
Posts: 187
Joined: 02 Dec 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by wamdue »

If im not paid (in full) next Friday for this last week, I wont be going back the following Monday,a nd rest assured I wont have anything to do with them in the new year, whatever happens.

Not sure where this £3 for a payslip has come from, I hope this is not automatic.
prophet
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Dec 2011, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by prophet »

The only option we may have left us either A.) Open Revolt or B.) Legal Action. Personally I prefer C.) Kicking in their door, but hey, whatever works, works.
intelligentsia
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 22:14
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by intelligentsia »

k3nnyboy wrote:Has anyone noticed that if you look for a job as a postie nowadays that Royal Mail directs you to a company called Angrad Staffing which is now seemingly providing all non-permanent positions in the company i.e. the bulk of jobs going. The rate of pay quoted by Angard is £5.95 per hour.

Now if Royal Mail were going to use an agency for recruiting casual staff you would have thought that they would use an established company but no, here we have a newly formed organisation that seems to be dedicated to providing staff to Royal Mail.

Listed as a director of the company is a John Duncan. Now this coudn't be the same John Duncan that was not long ago recruited to be Royal Mails Human Resources Director. It also has a director called Kathleen Anne Harmeston. Could this be the same Kathleen Anne Harmeston appointed as director of Royal Mail Innovations Ltd only last April.

If so either Royal Mail are bringing in casual staff on the cheap or someone is making a killing at the expense of Royal Mail.

It would be worth someone with some investigative experience to have a check and see what is going on here.
Angard Staffing Solutions are a TOTALLY incompetent, immoral and self-serving organisation! As a Christmas casual and like numerous other casual workers we have all experienced the following incompetence and unacceptable behaviour:
*NO PAY FOR WEEKS AT A TIME
*INCORRECTLY WORKED OUT PAY
*NO HELPLINE OR OR ANY OPERATIONAL PAYROLL QUERY TELEPHONE LINE THAT WORKS!
*SEEMINGLY NON-EXISTENT CALL CENTRE STAFF
*COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT/NON-EXISTENT PAYROLL SERVICE DESPITE HAVING HAD A YEAR TO SORT OUT ITS PAYROLL WHICH WAS INHERITED FROM THE ROYAL MAIL
*TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE TAX DEDUCTIONS DESPITE BEING INFORMED BY HMRC FOR NAMED INDIVIDUALS

All its directors and senior management need to rectify this appalling and unacceptable situation immediately or be sacked. Many casual employees will be writing to their MPs and will be taking legal action to recover earnings due and breach of contract. So all you self-serving, incompetent and fraudulent Angard staff will soon be hearing from lawyers! You cannot hide and ignore reasonable requests to be paid correctly and on time! Your behaviour, conduct and regard to your employees is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND ILLEGAL.

Intelligentsia
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by BELIAL »

:hmmmm Considering the torrent of anger vented here ,and wondering why so many folks are feeling aggrieved enough to vent their spleen, you have to assume that this thread (among others) represents a genuine outpouring of disaffection .
The question then occurs ,given Billy's crusading stance on the rights of casual workers, Why the deafening silence of the CWU on this issue?
I suppose they could be involved in more of that secret ;top level ;commercially sensitive dialogue that they might inform the membership of after the deal is done.
Bet you all a pound to a penny ,that where Angard leads ,RM will follow
Bye
markadam1962
Posts: 246
Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by markadam1962 »

The term "Closed Shop" is a term I thought about straight away. Casuals are "outsiders" we are not worthy to be allowed into the inner sanctum. Hence the perceived animosity there has always been between between RM employees, its sad because at the end of the day this affects everyone, but all I seem to pick up is everyone in the Royal Mail "club" running around with their fingers in their ears going "la la la la la ".
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by BELIAL »

If there was a closed shop none of this exploitation would be going on :angel
Bye
intelligentsia
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 22:14
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by intelligentsia »

markadam1962 wrote:The term "Closed Shop" is a term I thought about straight away. Casuals are "outsiders" we are not worthy to be allowed into the inner sanctum. Hence the perceived animosity there has always been between between RM employees, its sad because at the end of the day this affects everyone, but all I seem to pick up is everyone in the Royal Mail "club" running around with their fingers in their ears going "la la la la la ".

The irony, unfairness and stupidity of some attitudes FROM SOME OF THE DIMWITS AT RM is that us CHRISTMAS casuals do not matter!!?? WRONG and STUPID thinking!
CASUALS GIVE HUGE ADDED VALUE TO THE RM sorting and processing service and CONTRIBUTE TO THE BONUSES OF ALL ITS CONTRACTED RM EMPLOYEES...SO YOU HAD BETTER LISTEN, UNITE WITH US AND HELP US!!!!!!
Gross employment injustice, unfairness and exploitation AFFECTS ALL so wake up now!!!
intelligentsia
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by fishtank »

To be fair intel...i don't think shouting will win over many people. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
lollipop4458
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Dec 2011, 16:47
Gender: Female

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by lollipop4458 »

I have worked for Angard for two weeks and have not been paid !!!!!I found a phone number and they tell me there computer system is down and now I will not be paid until the second week of the new year !!!!!!What do I do Royal mail have said they can not help as they pay angard and they then pay us (obviously not happening).I have notified the trading standards and I was the 7982 complaint come on guys there is something very wrong.I do not know whether to jack it not worth the hassle and I do not have any money to get to work or tide me over till then :evil/mad
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by fishtank »

lollipop4458 wrote:they tell me there computer system is down and now I will not be paid until the second week of the new year !!!!!!

Your having a laugh with us or you've misheard what they said.
That cannot be true. :nervous :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:
lollipop4458 wrote:they tell me there computer system is down and now I will not be paid until the second week of the new year !!!!!!

Your having a laugh with us or you've misheard what they said.
That cannot be true. :nervous :nervous
They must be having a laugh.
lollipop4458 wrote:I have notified the trading standards and I was the 7982 complaint come on guys there is something very wrong.
Trading standards - :left: :left: :left: . Why have you purchased something from Angard. Perhaps you meant ACAS or are you going down the ET route. However in any of the processes they could not tell you to such an exact figure how many complaints there are, not without a FoI request anyway.

Nice try, just needed a bit more research.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
lollipop4458
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Dec 2011, 16:47
Gender: Female

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by lollipop4458 »

No its no joke thats what they have told me.I really do not know what to do as I need the job but I can not work for nothing !!!!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by fishtank »

Someone trolling a thread like this feeding out false info...
What a ************** ******** **********!!!!!!!!
How low can you get. :evil/mad
good times, bad times you know I've had my share