ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ayr postie legend 'Big John' shows MSP the ropes

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Ayr postie legend 'Big John' shows MSP the ropes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.ayradvertiser.com/news/2059 ... egend-ayr/

Postie legend John Price hosted an MSP for the day on his Ayr delivery route to help them get a feel for the job.

Ayrsire MSP Sharon Dowey visited the Royal Mail sorting office in Ayr to see how the operations work.

It follows after she attended the Royal Mail Scotland briefing in April with the Director of External Affairs and Policy David Gold and Regional Operations Director for Scotland Ross Hutchinson.

Ms Dowey first visited the Royal Mail sorting office to meet the team and discuss a variety of topics, including the role the company continues to play in keeping the country connected.

Speaking about her visit, Ms Dowey said: "Meeting the team and getting a first-hand look at how things operate in the sorting office in Ayr was fantastic.

"Royal Mail is essential to keeping the nation connected. Without the wonderful staff I've met while visiting, this wouldn’t be possible.

"In the morning they gave me a tour of their facilities while we talked about a wide range of subjects, such as how important Royal Mail is to keeping the country connected and the difficulties the company faces in a rapidly changing environment.

"It’s clear that customers are requesting more parcels and using fewer letters, that’s why some sort of adaptation is necessary.

"The highlight of my visit has to be joining John Price on his delivery route and meeting his customers.

"With a nickname ‘Big John’ and an incredible 44 years in service, John is a local legend who has built relationships with everyone he delivers to.

"It was a pleasure to spend the morning with such a dedicated and positive team at the Royal Mail in Ayr and I’d like to thank everyone for showing me around."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

BenacreNick

Re: Ayr postie legend 'Big John' shows MSP the ropes

Post by BenacreNick »

There appears to be a lot of desirable space in the Ayr delivery office by the looks of it.

But I do see empty frames, empty yorkes down the side, empty red sleeves and no parcels in their hands ?

At least get the Lady to sort some parcels :dance
ssdd

Re: Ayr postie legend 'Big John' shows MSP the ropes

Post by ssdd »

My eye keeps getting drawn to the frame at top right. They should've cropped that out. :whistle