ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Help - Purchased annual leave no longer showing
-
lingam
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 30 Apr 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Help - Purchased annual leave no longer showing
gonzo
Last edited by lingam on 23 Jan 2025, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Help - Purchased annual leave no longer showing
Has POAL been deducted from your pay - it should appear on the pay slip. It has done so on mine since they changed to the new slips.lingam wrote: ↑10 Jul 2021, 09:05Hi, i've been employed by Royal Mail since 2009 and I signed up to purchase additional annual leave way back somewhere around 2011.
I have always had 6 weeks holiday because of this. Now my manager is saying that i don't have purchased holiday showing on the system.
The system shows that I have 129.15 hrs entitlement. I am on a 27.3 hour contract.
I have never cancelled my purchased annual leave. Does anybody know what might have happened? Did royal mail stop the POAL scheme??
Thanks in advance
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
lingam
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 30 Apr 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Help - Purchased annual leave no longer showing
Actually no it isn' t there. I can't find it on any of my recent payslips.
-
lingam
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 30 Apr 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Help - Purchased annual leave no longer showing
I found a letter confirming my application to purchase additional leave which is from 2014. Looks like it ran out at the end of that holiday year. I was getting mixed up with paternity leave leading me to think I got 6 weeks during some years since then. That explains it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑10 Jul 2021, 09:07Has POAL been deducted from your pay - it should appear on the pay slip. It has done so on mine since they changed to the new slips.lingam wrote: ↑10 Jul 2021, 09:05Hi, i've been employed by Royal Mail since 2009 and I signed up to purchase additional annual leave way back somewhere around 2011.
I have always had 6 weeks holiday because of this. Now my manager is saying that i don't have purchased holiday showing on the system.
The system shows that I have 129.15 hrs entitlement. I am on a 27.3 hour contract.
I have never cancelled my purchased annual leave. Does anybody know what might have happened? Did royal mail stop the POAL scheme??
Thanks in advance
Still I don't think they should have cancelled my POAL without consulting me
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4111
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Help - Purchased annual leave no longer showing
No they shouldn't, for me it was ongoing for about 15 years until I'd reached 20 years service at which point it stopped automatically, having said that I wonder if the systems changed or when you start it you can specify for how long you want it to run.lingam wrote: ↑10 Jul 2021, 10:03I found a letter confirming my application to purchase additional leave which is from 2014. Looks like it ran out at the end of that holiday year. I was getting mixed up with paternity leave leading me to think I got 6 weeks during some years since then. That explains it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑10 Jul 2021, 09:07Has POAL been deducted from your pay - it should appear on the pay slip. It has done so on mine since they changed to the new slips.lingam wrote: ↑10 Jul 2021, 09:05Hi, i've been employed by Royal Mail since 2009 and I signed up to purchase additional annual leave way back somewhere around 2011.
I have always had 6 weeks holiday because of this. Now my manager is saying that i don't have purchased holiday showing on the system.
The system shows that I have 129.15 hrs entitlement. I am on a 27.3 hour contract.
I have never cancelled my purchased annual leave. Does anybody know what might have happened? Did royal mail stop the POAL scheme??
Thanks in advance
Still I don't think they should have cancelled my POAL without consulting me
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Help - Purchased annual leave no longer showing
No its open ended you have to tell them you want it stopped. Until you reach 20 years service that is.
However some years ago they did change the process of how they charge for it. Its possible that due to human error yours never got started.
If you haven't paid POAL for a few years but have been getting the extra holiday then I suppose it balances out.
However, you can apply now or before Feb 21, for POAL for the year 21 - 22.
You probably could push this, but you might have t pay a lot back in POAL. I think you have a decision to make.
However some years ago they did change the process of how they charge for it. Its possible that due to human error yours never got started.
If you haven't paid POAL for a few years but have been getting the extra holiday then I suppose it balances out.
However, you can apply now or before Feb 21, for POAL for the year 21 - 22.
You probably could push this, but you might have t pay a lot back in POAL. I think you have a decision to make.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.