Hi all and sorry if this has been answered a million times already.
I started with RM on the 21st June on a permanent part time contract 20 hours per week over 5 days.
Last week I did 30 hours and this week and next week I am down for 6 days a week and 35 hours plus each week.
I have just checked my holiday entitlement on the app and it's saying I am entitled to 70.03 hours between now and March 31st.
Now to take a week off (might seem a stupid question) but am I right in saying I need to book just 20 hours to get a week off?
Furthermore am I entitled to buy extra holiday for the current year or is it too late now.
Thanks in advance for any help.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quick couple of questions regarding holidays
-
neil2k
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 21 Jun 2021, 17:16
- Gender: Male
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Quick couple of questions regarding holidays
Yep, if you're on a 20 hour contract (I still can't see the point of these. What can realistically be done in a 4 hour day. They're just taking the piss ), a week off will cost you 20 hours of your holiday entitlement.
I'm not up on the POAL rules, as I've never used it, so will leave that to someone else to pick up.
I'm not up on the POAL rules, as I've never used it, so will leave that to someone else to pick up.
-
neil2k
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 21 Jun 2021, 17:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Quick couple of questions regarding holidays
Nice one thanks, not so bad then.Rael, the IAK wrote: ↑03 Jul 2021, 18:19Yep, if you're on a 20 hour contract (I still can't see the point of these. What can realistically be done in a 4 hour day. They're just taking the piss ), a week off will cost you 20 hours of your holiday entitlement.
I'm not up on the POAL rules, as I've never used it, so will leave that to someone else to pick up.
Can anyone else advise on the POAL rules please?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Quick couple of questions regarding holidays
Like gaz says, see your manager in Jan - Feb to set up POAL for April. You really need to hound the manager starting Jan because if its not set up by March? april? you'll miss the next year too.
For my circumstances POAL is brilliant as I get 6 weeks off instead of 4 & 3/5 weeks. Its costs me £11 a week but I do plenty o/t to cover it. For a 20 hr contract it'll cost u about £7 a week.
For my circumstances POAL is brilliant as I get 6 weeks off instead of 4 & 3/5 weeks. Its costs me £11 a week but I do plenty o/t to cover it. For a 20 hr contract it'll cost u about £7 a week.
-
neil2k
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 21 Jun 2021, 17:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Quick couple of questions regarding holidays
That's brilliant thanksRoute1 wrote: ↑04 Jul 2021, 21:39Like gaz says, see your manager in Jan - Feb to set up POAL for April. You really need to hound the manager starting Jan because if its not set up by March? april? you'll miss the next year too.
For my circumstances POAL is brilliant as I get 6 weeks off instead of 4 & 3/5 weeks. Its costs me £11 a week but I do plenty o/t to cover it. For a 20 hr contract it'll cost u about £7 a week.