ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

paper payslips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
qwerty2
Posts: 2117
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

paper payslips

Post by qwerty2 »

Is it worth keeping paper payslips now you can see your payslips online for the past 6 years?
burton76
Posts: 44
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
Gender: Female

Re: paper payslips

Post by burton76 »

I think so.

Sometimes when you're applying for finance or other stuff they want payslips. I had to send them to a solicitor to make a claim for injuries.

I was also asked for them to obtain a tax refund.

If they messed your wages up you may need them (unless you're gonna just print them off).
Racingpostie
Posts: 94
Joined: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by Racingpostie »

qwerty2 wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 19:02
Is it worth keeping paper payslips now you can see your payslips online for the past 6 years?
Where can you access this please?
Parmyarmy25
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 19:39
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by Parmyarmy25 »

The Royal mail people app
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I normally get rid of them for the previous financial year once I've got the P60 for the previous financial year
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by yellowbelly »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 19:38
I normally get rid of them for the previous financial year once I've got the P60 for the previous financial year
Might be worth keeping at least the last two years so you know what OT you worked and in what months for
the holiday pay agreement.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by Woody Guthrie »

burton76 wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 19:08
I think so.

Sometimes when you're applying for finance or other stuff they want payslips. I had to send them to a solicitor to make a claim for injuries.

I was also asked for them to obtain a tax refund.

If they messed your wages up you may need them (unless you're gonna just print them off).
yellowbelly wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 20:01
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 19:38
I normally get rid of them for the previous financial year once I've got the P60 for the previous financial year
Might be worth keeping at least the last two years so you know what OT you worked and in what months for
the holiday pay agreement.
But the app gives you all that.

They're downloadable, printable and in a pdf format already so you don't have to screw about scanning anything plus they go back about 9 years.

I think soon the business will offer an opt out on paper pay slips, it's an easy and sensible way to reduce the carbon footprint and costs of course.
Only dead fish follow the current
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Does the app also do printable copies of past P60s?

I'm hoping that they release a windows version of the app eventually
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6698
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by RobertT »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2021, 12:15
Does the app also do printable copies of past P60s?
Not as far as I'm aware
I'm hoping that they release a windows version of the app eventually
They already have! About the same time as the phone app.

https://flpnwc-tiqlowleu9.dispatcher.eu ... Shell-home
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by Wolf91 »

yellowbelly wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 20:01
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 19:38
I normally get rid of them for the previous financial year once I've got the P60 for the previous financial year
Might be worth keeping at least the last two years so you know what OT you worked and in what months for
the holiday pay agreement.
What is the news on the holiday pay agreement I haven’t been keeping up.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: paper payslips

Post by POSTMAN »

Wolf91 wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2021, 13:56

What is the news on the holiday pay agreement I haven’t been keeping up.
Wrong thread and forum mate, see the holiday pay forum for newish details...
viewforum.php?f=67
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.