ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Muscle fatigue

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sljackson
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Jan 2020, 14:03
Gender: Female

Muscle fatigue

Post by Sljackson »

Does anyone else get muscle fatigue? I will have worked as a postie for 2 years in August, so it's not just until my body gets used to it. I was thinking that it can't just be me, but thinking if it is I should maybe go to the doctor's.
pex
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
Gender: Male

Re: Muscle fatigue

Post by pex »

Yes I suffered for the 1st 2 years in the job, until I started to use my own shoes generally bought from Clarks outlet shop, and also stopped carrying overweight bags on one shoulder whilst trying to balance huge bundles of mail in the other hand.
Try to minimise the weight you carry by using the trolley or split the walk if possible into smaller loops. Having a van to myself for the last year has let me plan the walk to suit me instead of having to use an overweight trolley with 2 packed bags and sometimes a third parcel bag perched on the front so I don't fall behind my van share partner .
I generally drive into a road and drop anything heavy or large of on the way down, then park and carry a light bag or often just bundles of mail.

It is always worth getting yourself looked at by a doctor if you feel it is more than normal aches and pain.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: Muscle fatigue

Post by gary1975 »

Apparently van share isn’t inefficient, I guess they will find out the hard way once it is reintroduced.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Muscle fatigue

Post by Jpro747 »

Yes I think we all suffer with this. The aches and pains of the job. When you walk for 5h30 every day your gonna feel it.
Sljackson
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Jan 2020, 14:03
Gender: Female

Re: Muscle fatigue

Post by Sljackson »

Not just aches and pains, but bone weariness, whole body hurts and arms and legs feel really heavy, muscles twitching as in restless legs, but also in the arms. Found out I might have a magnesium deficiency from an internet search, I'm gonna take supplements and if not go to the docs.
hawkeye622
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
Gender: Male

Re: Muscle fatigue

Post by hawkeye622 »

If you have any money I would pay to get your bloods tested and that will tell you what you're deficient in. Doctors (especially mine) can take far too long for something that should be very quick and simple.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Muscle fatigue

Post by GT85 »

Try having a soak in an Epsom Salts bath, very good for relaxing the aches n pains that come with this job. :thumbup
We're all here because we're not all there