ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Van Share
-
Selhurst
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 12:16
- Gender: Male
Van Share
Only been with Royal Mail since September 2020, and so not experienced van share. Can someone give detailed account of van share duties please? I currently do 5 different rounds a week so float/reserve. I find it difficult to get in the routine of swapping from one round to the next. I go over my time by about an hour every day, and so feel bit deflated after long day, and I’m pulled up about my overtime. I don’t WANT to be out past my time, but feel as though I’m not doing my job properly if I cut off and bring back Mail. Will van share help, or will I be holding up my partner/s ?
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Van Share
It might do if you are with an experienced partner/ duty holder.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Van Share
If it’s a paired duty you both finish @ the same time, if you are behind surely your partner would help you finish, team working.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Van Share
Are you an hour over your time every day because you leave late (if so why?) or does the duty outside take an hour longer than planned?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Van Share
I should think the original poster is on a part time contract but expected to do 38 hours work. If so don’t beat yourself up, u are doing well only going 1 hour over.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑21 Jun 2021, 15:59Are you an hour over your time every day because you leave late (if so why?) or does the duty outside take an hour longer than planned?
-
Selhurst
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 12:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Van Share
I’m on 35 hour contract. Some of the rounds are very long and one is rural. Long country lanes and long driveways. Lots of parcels and tracked. I’m usually out late, prep my own frame and may help prep another, and do lapsing. Sometimes I tell a manager I need help with oversize tracked, which is usually taken off meGrumpyoldmailman wrote: ↑21 Jun 2021, 16:07I should think the original poster is on a part time contract but expected to do 38 hours work. If so don’t beat yourself up, u are doing well only going 1 hour over.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑21 Jun 2021, 15:59Are you an hour over your time every day because you leave late (if so why?) or does the duty outside take an hour longer than planned?
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Van Share
There’s your issue. Lapsing and prepping another duty are only if you have time which clearly you don’t.Selhurst wrote: ↑21 Jun 2021, 18:12prep my own frame and may help prep another, and do lapsing.Grumpyoldmailman wrote: ↑21 Jun 2021, 16:07I should think the original poster is on a part time contract but expected to do 38 hours work. If so don’t beat yourself up, u are doing well only going 1 hour over.clashcityrocker wrote: ↑21 Jun 2021, 15:59Are you an hour over your time every day because you leave late (if so why?) or does the duty outside take an hour longer than planned?