ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Internal job transfer 2021 - HELP!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Fifilola29
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Aug 2018, 17:18
Gender: Male

Internal job transfer 2021 - HELP!

Post by Fifilola29 »

Hi all. I applied for an internal transfer last week through success factors to be closer to home and to my local DO. It was a 6 hour a week reduction in contract dropping from 38 to 32 hours.

On Tuesday , 3 days after submitting the application, HR left a voicemail explaining they had sent me an email to “confirm the drop in hours, therefore drop in pay, before we go ahead with the transfer”. They requested I emailed back by end of the next day (Wednesday). Emailed back within the hour confirming I was happy. Heard nothing, informed my DOM I’d applied and been contacted by HR recruitment.

Today (Friday) I got an email to say I’ve been unsuccessful in my application?! Can anyone shed ANY light on this? I can’t get hold of the HR woman I spoke to the other day, I’ve emailed and left her a voicemail with no response. Totally in limbo and no idea what’s going on, given that she stated that the transfer would go ahead upon my confirmation.
denhamhoop
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 303
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Internal job transfer 2021 - HELP!

Post by denhamhoop »

Fifilola29 wrote: ↑
19 Jun 2021, 17:41
Hi all. I applied for an internal transfer last week through success factors to be closer to home and to my local DO. It was a 6 hour a week reduction in contract dropping from 38 to 32 hours.

On Tuesday , 3 days after submitting the application, HR left a voicemail explaining they had sent me an email to “confirm the drop in hours, therefore drop in pay, before we go ahead with the transfer”. They requested I emailed back by end of the next day (Wednesday). Emailed back within the hour confirming I was happy. Heard nothing, informed my DOM I’d applied and been contacted by HR recruitment.

Today (Friday) I got an email to say I’ve been unsuccessful in my application?! Can anyone shed ANY light on this? I can’t get hold of the HR woman I spoke to the other day, I’ve emailed and left her a voicemail with no response. Totally in limbo and no idea what’s going on, given that she stated that the transfer would go ahead upon my confirmation.
Being a cynic it's probably a job currently held at the DO by one of the DOM's favourites or a Union Official and therefore will never be actually be available or the non cynical view could be someone in the DO has applied for it and is senior to you and has got the vacancy instead
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Internal job transfer 2021 - HELP!

Post by glenfiddich »

or is it the fact you informed your dom and he's thrown a spanner in the works :whistle
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: Internal job transfer 2021 - HELP!

Post by Murdoch »

It could simply be that somebody with more seniority also applied for the job?