Hi all,
PT here.
I'm working this Sunday doing the COVID test kits or something. Never worked a Sunday before although I believe that I should drive to my local DO and pick up a van there instead of driving from my home to the depot I'm needed at. Is this true?
However, my local depot is shut on a Sunday. So I'm not sure what to do? Any advice? Should I just drive from my home to the depot I'm needed at?
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Working sundays?
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3521
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Working sundays?
It sounds like you need to ask your manager to clarify what you are supposed to be doing? I assume he'll need to confirm what time you are expected to start and finish your shift?
-
Canyouclosethegate
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Jun 2021, 21:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Working sundays?
I know what time I'm starting and finishing however I just don't know if I should drive to the other depot from my house, or drive from my house to normal depot and then take a van from there. Except my normal depot is closed. I was under the impression I didn't need to drive from my house to the other depot but I could be wrong!
Wasn't sure if I can claim mileage or anything seeing as my normal depot is 10 minutes away but the one I'm going to on Sunday is 35-40 minutes away.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Re: Working sundays?
You need to ask about excess mileage and travel time.
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Working sundays?
When we do it you get a gate key and a van key to take home on Saturday from your normal work office so you can get your van out and lock up after yourself, then return the van and gate keys monday morning.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Working sundays?
Beware your car insurance may not cover you driving to another office. Sometimes says your usual place of work.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Working sundays?
I would tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and that I don't work on Sundays.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.