ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Crow repeatedly attacked me

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mps27191
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 May 2018, 16:42
Gender: Male

Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by mps27191 »

Guys Please no jokes but a crow repeatedly attacked me and followed me while I was doing 1 of my loops to the point where I had to stop and quickly return to the van, when I returned half hour later it knew who I was and attacked me again. so my question is what do I do? If I go back tomorrow will it attack me again seems like it’s going to remember who I am
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by sindba »

I'm winging it here, but have you tried tweeting RSPB about it?

What were you doing, robin it's food or summat?
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by smok3y666 »

mps27191 wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2021, 19:56
Guys Please no jokes but a crow repeatedly attacked me and followed me while I was doing 1 of my loops to the point where I had to stop and quickly return to the van, when I returned half hour later it knew who I was and attacked me again. so my question is what do I do? If I go back tomorrow will it attack me again seems like it’s going to remember who I am
Put a grievance in for bullying and harassment.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by centenaryman »

seen it happen at our place year after year .....the same birds came back to nest in the same place....a lad picked up a chick 1st year and put it up on a wall....ever since the birds swooped at them....this went on for 3-4 years....d.o.m suspended delivery each time there
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by POSTMAN »

Usually it's because there is a nest nearish and it is protecting it's young.

We have had news stories on here before of birds/gulls ect doing it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mps27191
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 May 2018, 16:42
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by mps27191 »

Shall I ask to be taken off the walk? It’s my duty but I don’t want to be attacked everyday it’s embarrassing
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by POSTMAN »

mps27191 wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2021, 20:52
Shall I ask to be taken off the walk? It’s my duty but I don’t want to be attacked everyday it’s embarrassing
If it happens everyday then something has to be done, it has been known for part of walks to be cancelled because of things like this.
See what happens on your next vist and go from there.
Obviously tell management what is going on.
These things are not as rare as you would of thought.

Postal deliveries under threat - aggressive seagulls
A TERRIFIED postie is being forced to flee her round after being attacked by crazy seagulls.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mps27191
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 May 2018, 16:42
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by mps27191 »

Well it’s nice to know it’s not not uncommon and not only happened to me. I feel embarrassed because I fell over while it was attacking me and I’m sure the neighbours would have been looking out there windows watching it and feel kind of anxious in case they saw it all unfold really don’t want to go back there
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by Ozzvaldo »

I work in a coastal town. This happens with gulls that nest on residential/ commercial properties every year. There are problems on numerous walks with parent birds seeing us as a threat to nests and aggressively attacking posties. We're told to bring back anything we can't deliver and take it out the next day......some streets get quite a build up of mail before it gets delivered.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by 97gaz »

I was shown round a rural years ago and at certain places the guy kept getting out of the van with a big stick. I assumed it was for the dogs and asked him. "No son" he said, "It's for the f***ing pheasants|
zombiepostman
Posts: 41
Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by zombiepostman »

I used to get a pheasant attack me on a rural round anyway to cut a long story short it tasted great (never tried crow though)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mps27191 wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2021, 21:01
Well it’s nice to know it’s not not uncommon and not only happened to me. I feel embarrassed because I fell over while it was attacking me and I’m sure the neighbours would have been looking out there windows watching it and feel kind of anxious in case they saw it all unfold really don’t want to go back there
I've done worse dropped letters in the street, had kids throwing snowballs at me, fell over when talking to residents, tried to deliver to the wrong address, ripped my trouser so bad my underwear was showing. Its best to brush it off and ignore it, in fact they may respect you more if they don't think being embarrased bothers you.

If you want something to be ebarrased about try using open laterines with 20 other blokes, all the same time/ :left: :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mps27191 wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2021, 19:56
Guys Please no jokes ..........................
:d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!
sindba wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2021, 20:07
I'm winging it here, but have you tried tweeting RSPB about it?

What were you doing, robin it's food or summat?
but :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by 2yearpostie »

You need to take an umbrella with you.
Postmandan17
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Oct 2020, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Crow repeatedly attacked me

Post by Postmandan17 »

Step 1 - invest in a decent air rifle/bb pistol

Step 2 - drive round there on day off

Step 3 - blow the f****r's head off