ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

To The Estate Of...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

To The Estate Of...

Post by 2yearpostie »

Anyone else getting a worrying increase with letters addressed; to the estate of..?
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: To The Estate Of...

Post by noggin1969 »

There's a big backlog with the probate service, so a lot of bills etc looked after by the executors are dragging on months.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: To The Estate Of...

Post by fly-catchers »

You always knew when an address had tons of cards suddenly.. Always made me a bit sad that while that person was alive he/she might not have received anything like that number.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: To The Estate Of...

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

fly-catchers wrote: ↑
28 May 2021, 20:04
You always knew when an address had tons of cards suddenly..
After you have said happy birthday.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: To The Estate Of...

Post by fly-catchers »

Grumpyoldmailman wrote: ↑
28 May 2021, 21:00
fly-catchers wrote: ↑
28 May 2021, 20:04
You always knew when an address had tons of cards suddenly..
After you have said happy birthday.
Only made that mistake once!
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: To The Estate Of...

Post by claretandblue »

I must have lost about 50 customers in the last 18 months.
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: To The Estate Of...

Post by lala »

I find it hard whether to say anything or not when realise someone has passed away. Don’t want to seem like I been gossiping and nosing.
sequinn
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
Gender: Female

Re: To The Estate Of...

Post by sequinn »

lala wrote: ↑
31 May 2021, 20:12
I find it hard whether to say anything or not when realise someone has passed away. Don’t want to seem like I been gossiping and nosing.
I’ve known most of my customers for over 20 years and it’s sad when you find out that someone has passed away. Especially when you have seen that person go from celebrating their retirement to becoming old, ill and frail. The worst are the suicides, I’ve had several of those in recent years. You can’t help but notice the cards and neighbours usually tell you what’s happened. When I first started this job, a customer had a lot of cards and I mentioned that someone must have a birthday. Her husband had died and they were sympathy cards. I never made that mistake again ☹️