ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sarah1970
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Sep 2017, 15:30
Gender: Female

Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by Sarah1970 »

I’m currently awaiting surgery for a prolapse caused by continuous heavy lifting. Consultant stated that he had operated on 2 postwomen this month for the same condition.
Please can you reply if you’ve had this. Perhaps RM should be looking at different bag weights for women as our internal bits are different.
Please be careful ladies it’s not very pleasant and I’m normally really fit and healthy
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by clashcityrocker »

What bag weights are you carrying?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by centenaryman »

clashcityrocker wrote: ↑
25 May 2021, 19:28
What bag weights are you carrying?
none.....there should be a trolley involved......heyyy i could be a boss.....2nd thoughts f that
Lauren1y
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 May 2021, 23:39
Gender: Female

Re: Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by Lauren1y »

I’m the same as yourself and currently using a pessary awaiting surgery! My doctor thinks it’s a mixture of having children and possibly the job I’m in! I’m only 48 and I’ve only been a postwoman for 5 years, prior to that I was an office worker, our job makes a prolapse unbearable!
max49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 31 Dec 2010, 20:58
Gender: Female

Re: Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by max49 »

I've been in the job for over 30 years, when I started the bikes carried the weight, when they went I was in a van share and used a golf trolley. If it is more than just a bundle of mail then I'll always use a trolly and the sack barrow for heavy packets, the equipment is there to help protect us from injury.
the mad woman
Posts: 178
Joined: 20 May 2007, 13:37

Re: Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by the mad woman »

How many ladies are struggling with the lack of toilets
sequinn
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
Gender: Female

Re: Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by sequinn »

Yes I have, mainly caused by three largish babies. I had a vaginal hysterectomy, bladder and rectal prolapse repair. I had the usual 3 months off work. However, I was not returned to work properly. I had 1 days help and then nothing because they were short staffed at the DO. We had bikes at the time which was heavy going. I hate to let people down and struggled on. I developed urinary problems worse than I’d had before, going too often and then not able to go at all with the prospect of having to use a catheter each time to pee. I then had to have more time off and more surgery to sort out my problem. I was put on a warning which I disputed. The outcome was that I had been returned to full duties when I should’ve had a staged return. Because of this I am no better off now than before the original operation. This was 18 years ago and I think/hope that policies have changed.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Intrigued how many postwomen have had a prolapse

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I think the lifting of the bags onto the trolley is the hardest part of the job, using 2 fingers to pull the lugs .
Why are lino's paid full-time ??