Is it correct that contracts issued after a certain date are open to your working hours being changed at the discretion of the DOM?
I’m not sure if it is contracts issued since RM were privatised but my union rep has said the newer contracts ( not the present day ones inclusive of Sundays but pre 2019 when I joined) are open to working between 6-1800).
My contract states my actual working hours, yet the union rep sais that as it’s a newer contract the working hours can be changed ( even though there is no mention in contract that my working hours are subject to change).
I am curious to know if the union rep is correct and if so, was it after privatisation that the contracts changed .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Change to contract hours
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Change to contract hours
As far as I understand it, that's YOUR contract that YOU signed with Royal Mail, and anything that anyone else has signed before or since is irrelevant. Until you sign a new contract nothing changes. If the DOM tries to change your hours and your rep backs him, get advice from higher up the union chain, don't agree to anything without proper advice from them.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Change to contract hours
I would have thought that everyone's contracts will have change a little over time, with things like the SWW, etc. Without digging it out, I think mine states the number of hours per week, which obviously is now different from the actual hours per week
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: Change to contract hours
You are contracted to do what it says in your contract.
If it says you can be asked to work between 6-18.00 then you can, if it doesn't they need to give you 12 week's notice to change your contract and seek your agreement.
They'll tell you whatever suits their operation, union included.
If it says you can be asked to work between 6-18.00 then you can, if it doesn't they need to give you 12 week's notice to change your contract and seek your agreement.
They'll tell you whatever suits their operation, union included.
-
Bobbyh
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 24 Oct 2016, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Change to contract hours
Thanks to everyone who has replied
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Change to contract hours
Is it not the case that agreeing to the new deal rewrote our contracts?
After all, if I followed the contract I signed when I started I’d be earning £200 a week and starting at 04:30 everyday
After all, if I followed the contract I signed when I started I’d be earning £200 a week and starting at 04:30 everyday
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: Change to contract hours
I don't think so. Contracts aren't organised on mass like that.
If you think it did, I'd request a written contract to find out.
If you think it did, I'd request a written contract to find out.