ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moving home and getting time off for it

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jiperjuper
Posts: 45
Joined: 11 Dec 2018, 23:13
Gender: Male

Moving home and getting time off for it

Post by Jiperjuper »

Is it classed under the same as ‘urgent domestic’ in which you can ask for time off for house repairs?
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Moving home and getting time off for it

Post by noggin1969 »

At one time you could get 1 days special leave for it. Now they might put your rotation day on it.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Moving home and getting time off for it

Post by POSTMAN »

There is nothing for moving home.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: Moving home and getting time off for it

Post by priority102 »

I've got my car MOT next week, I'm going to ask for the day off with pay.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Moving home and getting time off for it

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

barncopxx wrote: ↑
20 May 2021, 14:30
I've got my car MOT next week, I'm going to ask for the day off with pay.
They should really be getting the workshop to do it free for you.
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: Moving home and getting time off for it

Post by priority102 »

Grumpyoldmailman wrote: ↑
20 May 2021, 17:11
barncopxx wrote: ↑
20 May 2021, 14:30
I've got my car MOT next week, I'm going to ask for the day off with pay.
They should really be getting the workshop to do it free for you.
Yes I agree but I think I should also get a day off with pay to allow for my time to take it to the garage, wait, come back etc.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Moving home and getting time off for it

Post by sindba »

Sorry what did you say?

Just that I couldn't hear, you seem have a bit of a cough.