ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sick pay
-
Stewart1987
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 30 Nov 2018, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Sick pay
Hi. Phoned in sick this morning as my girlfriend had a seizure (she's getting better) I have a 6 month old baby so really couldn't leave her. I phoned in 15 mins before my shift starts. Will I still get a full days pay even if the reason for being off isnt because of me being sick?
-
panzer4
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 173
- Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay
Good to hear she’s better.ask DOM if you can have special leave due to domestic distressStewart1987 wrote: ↑01 May 2021, 09:05Hi. Phoned in sick this morning as my girlfriend had a seizure (she's getting better) I have a 6 month old baby so really couldn't leave her. I phoned in 15 mins before my shift starts. Will I still get a full days pay even if the reason for being off isnt because of me being sick?
-
postman2014
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 00:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay
I would presume its classed as dependents leave so probably a day unpaid. And nothing on your record. But others will know for sure
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32803
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Stewart1987
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 30 Nov 2018, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay
Thank you. I would imagine it comes under family emergency as there was little warning so one days paid? Ah well I'll soon see when I get my pay slip this week...
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay
Unfortunately it's at your manager's discretion, if it is the first time you may strike lucky and get it paid, if it is a regular occurrence you'll be less likely
-
Simon Pettigrew
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Sep 2019, 19:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay
Had same problem wife and daughter each admitted to hospital overnight so obvious myself up all night with them RM manager very good it was paid spl leave domestic emergency each one however I do have a good sick record maybe that's taken into account by manager dealing,
-
Stewart1987
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 30 Nov 2018, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay
Yeah I reckon having a good sick record influences whether a manager pays you or not. I managed to get my day off there paid but might not happen againSimon Pettigrew wrote: ↑10 May 2021, 19:22Had same problem wife and daughter each admitted to hospital overnight so obvious myself up all night with them RM manager very good it was paid spl leave domestic emergency each one however I do have a good sick record maybe that's taken into account by manager dealing,