ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

27.5 hours a week

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CHUCKYPIG
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 07 Apr 2020, 21:01
Gender: Male

27.5 hours a week

Post by CHUCKYPIG »

If I move to another delivery office is there much of a chance of increasing my contracted hours or not?

I've noticed different delivery offices seem to have different hours, some are advertising 30 or 32 hour vacancies etc. So if I move to a different place do you get their hours? Or will I still keep my own contracted hours?

I'm looking to get a mortgage and whilst overtime is great it helps to have guaranteed hours each week. And 27.5 hours isn't enough. So any advice on how possible to increase contracted hours or not useful. Cheers.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: 27.5 hours a week

Post by clashcityrocker »

CHUCKYPIG wrote: ↑
28 Apr 2021, 19:17
If I move to another delivery office is there much of a chance of increasing my contracted hours or not?

I've noticed different delivery offices seem to have different hours, some are advertising 30 or 32 hour vacancies etc. So if I move to a different place do you get their hours? Or will I still keep my own contracted hours?

I'm looking to get a mortgage and whilst overtime is great it helps to have guaranteed hours each week. And 27.5 hours isn't enough. So any advice on how possible to increase contracted hours or not useful. Cheers.
If the vacancy advertised is 30 hours that is what you get - whether you are currently on 25 or 37.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.