ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sick pay denied
-
Naturalist
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Oct 2018, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Sick pay denied
Good afternoon posties, I need some advice please. I was off work due to depression and stress from the 12th march to 17th April. I called the manager to let him know. As my GP surgery is small and my usual GP was off it was difficult to make an appointment to get a sick note. My manager sent me 5 letters saying that my pay would be stopped. I called him and explained again. I got an appointment 30th March and a week later on the 7th April they sent me the sick note covering me from the 12th March to 17th April which I forwarded on. I had my face to face with the manager who informed me I would have a new manager by the time I start back and that the sick pay would be paid back. On my payslip on the 1st April it paid for 6 hours only, then on the 9th April it said -£934. I went back to work on Monday 19th and on fridays payslip -£534! I asked my new manager about it he said hes not sure and said I needed to speak to the DOM. When I did he explained that I was not entitled to full sick pay as I was "non complaint" when I asked how he said my line manager at the time was trying to call me and sent me letters and I didnt reply and it took me 5 weeks to send the sick note. I showed him my call log to show the calls I made to my line manager. He said it still shouldnt have taken me 5 weeks to send the sick note and he would not change it, and to hurry up and go out on delivery as he does not want me to cut off. I am a single mum with 3 children and not having any money for 4 weeks was bad enough now this week and next week will be zero pay again while the arrears are cleared. The union are not very helpful and I think it's very unfair are they allowed to do this?
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay denied
Theres a live chat with Terry now, ask him live with management accepting bulling goes on at rm?
-
hawkeye622
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay denied
I'm sure being treated and spoke to like that really helped with the depression and stress. Sorry you have to go through this - another example of how piss poor the company can be. Keep your head up 
-
Naturalist
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Oct 2018, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Sick pay denied
Thank you so much the stress is real got a massive headachehawkeye622 wrote: ↑26 Apr 2021, 18:21I'm sure being treated and spoke to like that really helped with the depression and stress. Sorry you have to go through this - another example of how piss poor the company can be. Keep your head up![]()
-
Naturalist
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Oct 2018, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Sick pay denied
Thanks for your reply I dont know how to view the live feeds?2yearpostie wrote: ↑26 Apr 2021, 17:46Theres a live chat with Terry now, ask him live with management accepting bulling goes on at rm?
-
circles
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 23 Mar 2010, 08:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay denied
I'd seriously recommend you take legal advice. A strongly worded letter from them should suffice.Naturalist wrote: ↑26 Apr 2021, 17:24Good afternoon posties, I need some advice please. I was off work due to depression and stress from the 12th march to 17th April. I called the manager to let him know. As my GP surgery is small and my usual GP was off it was difficult to make an appointment to get a sick note. My manager sent me 5 letters saying that my pay would be stopped. I called him and explained again. I got an appointment 30th March and a week later on the 7th April they sent me the sick note covering me from the 12th March to 17th April which I forwarded on. I had my face to face with the manager who informed me I would have a new manager by the time I start back and that the sick pay would be paid back. On my payslip on the 1st April it paid for 6 hours only, then on the 9th April it said -£934. I went back to work on Monday 19th and on fridays payslip -£534! I asked my new manager about it he said hes not sure and said I needed to speak to the DOM. When I did he explained that I was not entitled to full sick pay as I was "non complaint" when I asked how he said my line manager at the time was trying to call me and sent me letters and I didnt reply and it took me 5 weeks to send the sick note. I showed him my call log to show the calls I made to my line manager. He said it still shouldnt have taken me 5 weeks to send the sick note and he would not change it, and to hurry up and go out on delivery as he does not want me to cut off. I am a single mum with 3 children and not having any money for 4 weeks was bad enough now this week and next week will be zero pay again while the arrears are cleared. The union are not very helpful and I think it's very unfair are they allowed to do this?
Bottom line is, they've stole money that was due paid and arguably that is a criminal offence.
Senior Royal mail management like to delude themselves royal mail policy is unimpeachable and they can operate without the law of the land with impunity.
They're wrong and they need reminded at every opportunity
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32803
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sick pay denied
The attendance procudere is here...
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=52975
Which has been ignored by the manager, you need to go to your area rep ASAP!
And what do you mean the union are not very helpful?
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=52975
Which has been ignored by the manager, you need to go to your area rep ASAP!
And what do you mean the union are not very helpful?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Re: Sick pay denied
I had a similar situation.
Ring HR and put in a grievance against the manager..
During your absence you have remained in contact and supplied a back dated sick note at the earliest opportunity.
What the management have done is wrong and would not stand up in court.
They are just trying it on to keep cost down.(Probably encourage by the area manager)
I would also contact Feeling First Class who offer support for Mental health which would add leverage to your Grievance.
Hope all goes well.
Ring HR and put in a grievance against the manager..
During your absence you have remained in contact and supplied a back dated sick note at the earliest opportunity.
What the management have done is wrong and would not stand up in court.
They are just trying it on to keep cost down.(Probably encourage by the area manager)
I would also contact Feeling First Class who offer support for Mental health which would add leverage to your Grievance.
Hope all goes well.