Union reps and ppl talking within the office are pushing for the new work pattern of a 4 day working week...
Most of the ppl in the office are on the 9 day fortnight, but are willing to change over to this 4 day week, when we get to vote for it.
Is anyone currently doing the 4 day week? Is it as good as they’re making it out to be? Am I just overthinking this, or missing something? Almost like it sounds too good to be true
Union reps and ppl talking within the office are pushing for the new work pattern of a 4 day working week...
Most of the ppl in the office are on the 9 day fortnight, but are willing to change over to this 4 day week, when we get to vote for it.
Is anyone currently doing the 4 day week? Is it as good as they’re making it out to be? Am I just overthinking this, or missing something? Almost like it sounds too good to be true
Has it been explained to people how the extra time each day will be filled (eg 5-5.5 hour deliveries?)
Union reps and ppl talking within the office are pushing for the new work pattern of a 4 day working week...
Most of the ppl in the office are on the 9 day fortnight, but are willing to change over to this 4 day week, when we get to vote for it.
Is anyone currently doing the 4 day week? Is it as good as they’re making it out to be? Am I just overthinking this, or missing something? Almost like it sounds too good to be true
Has it been explained to people how the extra time each day will be filled (eg 5-5.5 hour deliveries?)
Not really, in the revision the walks will change and be made longer. But my union rep said it will only add about 20 mins to a Wed and Thurs. I don’t understand where this number has come from?
And that Mail bags will be done first, then we go back the office and drivers go out again and do oversizes and non drivers do some sorting?! I don’t get how that’s going to work either??
On a 37 hour week a flat day would be 9 hours 15 minutes long.
Our rep has been talking about it but doesn't seem to have a clue how those hours are going to be filled.
I think he just assumes everyone will go home 2 hours early most days.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
I'd be very wary of getting involved with any agreements where some come back and sort and others go back out. Will lead to all sorts of issues when there is little/nothing to sort, but plenty of oversize to deliver.
I'd be very wary of getting involved with any agreements where some come back and sort and others go back out. Will lead to all sorts of issues when there is little/nothing to sort, but plenty of oversize to deliver.
That’s what me and my partner said. Esp if we get back to the office, I’ve then got parcels to do and what does the other driver on the same walk do?! No one seems to have the answers to this. That’s also why I thought I’d ask on here if anyone is already on this rota.
On a 37 hour week a flat day would be 9 hours 15 minutes long.
Our rep has been talking about it but doesn't seem to have a clue how those hours are going to be filled.
I think he just assumes everyone will go home 2 hours early most days.
It’s going down to a 35 hr week tho? So there’s 2 hrs where we would then have to fit in to the 35
I'd be very wary of getting involved with any agreements where some come back and sort and others go back out. Will lead to all sorts of issues when there is little/nothing to sort, but plenty of oversize to deliver.
That’s what me and my partner said. Esp if we get back to the office, I’ve then got parcels to do and what does the other driver on the same walk do?! No one seems to have the answers to this. That’s also why I thought I’d ask on here if anyone is already on this rota.
On a 37 hour week a flat day would be 9 hours 15 minutes long.
Our rep has been talking about it but doesn't seem to have a clue how those hours are going to be filled.
I think he just assumes everyone will go home 2 hours early most days.
It’s going down to a 35 hr week tho? So there’s 2 hrs where we would then have to fit in to the 35
There's no concrete plan or timeline to take us down to 35 hrs.
Is it possible that you do IPS/packet sorting after you finish your delivery - if you finish it.
Mail and parcels seems to be arriving at my DO any time of the day now.
This has been mentioned, but only for non drivers, and drivers take out oversizes. But I can’t see that working
If there’s 2 drivers working together for the mail, who then does the oversizes? What does the other one do??
This, I feel is going to the case up and down the country.
Staff will be blinded by attendance patterns that look good but end up becoming a total disaster when implemented.
We tried different attendance times once that included more indoor work, a kind of long and shorts. Staff weren't interested in doing an extra 40 minutes prep on a different duty than their own some days and instead headed out the door early. End result was that we got moved back to original times.
Is it possible that you do IPS/packet sorting after you finish your delivery - if you finish it.
Mail and parcels seems to be arriving at my DO any time of the day now.
This has been mentioned, but only for non drivers, and drivers take out oversizes. But I can’t see that working
If there’s 2 drivers working together for the mail, who then does the oversizes? What does the other one do??
But part of the revisions is stop 2 drivers working together and stop pairs having the same day off. 'Operational needs' as RM call it.
Unfortunately most who voted 'YES' only saw the pay 'rise' and possibly getting a SWW.
This, I feel is going to the case up and down the country.
Staff will be blinded by attendance patterns that look good but end up becoming a total disaster when implemented.
We tried different attendance times once that included more indoor work, a kind of long and shorts. Staff weren't interested in doing an extra 40 minutes prep on a different duty than their own some days and instead headed out the door early. End result was that we got moved back to original times.
This is what I think will happen to our D/O!! I just feel like our union rep is like “this is the best option we have, all this time off every 3 weeks!” (Because it works out as 5 days off every 3 weeks) but what does RM want in return for the 5 days off??
I know others feel differently about this but I’ve got to say I would snap their hand off for a four day week, obviously the delivery’s would get bigger to account for the longer days but having 3 days off would be a dream. Hope my office goes for it.