ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Will I get paid
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Will I get paid
My son got admitted to hospital last night so I needed to take the day off today. Thankfully he is fine, but my question is will I lose a day's pay for today. Thanks
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get paid
I would have thought that his comes under:
but you never know what your manager might try to avoid paying you. Get the Union involved if there's an issue.Family emergency leave: Where there is an immediate need to deal with a more serious emergency to do with a dependant e.g. they are injured, give birth, or there is a death. Leave is normally one day with pay, with further days either unpaid or covered by annual holiday. Exceptional circumstances might warrant three days with pay.
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get paid
Thank you, I have a suspicion he is going to try and get me to work my day off to cover for it
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get paid
Tell your manager that you want it to go down as immediate family distress and you expect to be paid. If it’s not you require it to be in writing as to the reason why.
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Re: Will I get paid
You will get the one day paid no problem
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get paid
It will be classed as special leave whether its paid or unpaid is at the discretion of your manager