ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Will I get paid

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
srilfc2013
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
Gender: Male

Will I get paid

Post by srilfc2013 »

My son got admitted to hospital last night so I needed to take the day off today. Thankfully he is fine, but my question is will I lose a day's pay for today. Thanks
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get paid

Post by yellowbelly »

I would have thought that his comes under:
Family emergency leave: Where there is an immediate need to deal with a more serious emergency to do with a dependant e.g. they are injured, give birth, or there is a death. Leave is normally one day with pay, with further days either unpaid or covered by annual holiday. Exceptional circumstances might warrant three days with pay.
but you never know what your manager might try to avoid paying you. Get the Union involved if there's an issue.
srilfc2013
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get paid

Post by srilfc2013 »

Thank you, I have a suspicion he is going to try and get me to work my day off to cover for it
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get paid

Post by number one »

Tell your manager that you want it to go down as immediate family distress and you expect to be paid. If it’s not you require it to be in writing as to the reason why.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Will I get paid

Post by Yamr1 »

You will get the one day paid no problem
srilfc2013
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get paid

Post by srilfc2013 »

Thank you
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get paid

Post by picture123 »

It will be classed as special leave whether its paid or unpaid is at the discretion of your manager