ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

2021 pay rise question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

2021 pay rise question

Post by blacov »

Hi everyone

We are meant to get another rise from April 2021 aren't we? I mean I am aware it will kick in at the end of April so I am assuming we are due to be back dated again. However from what day the new 2021 pay rise of a whopping 1% is due? Anyone knows?
neilgg
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by neilgg »

In your wages on 30 April and backdated to the beginning of April.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by aiden01 »

blacov wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2021, 18:28
Hi everyone

We are meant to get another rise from April 2021 aren't we? I mean I am aware it will kick in at the end of April so I am assuming we are due to be back dated again. However from what day the new 2021 pay rise of a whopping 1% is due? Anyone knows?
Why are you so excitedly asking when you know when it is??
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by Dindin »

In your wages this week no back pay
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by blacov »

aiden01 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2021, 21:51
blacov wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2021, 18:28
Hi everyone

We are meant to get another rise from April 2021 aren't we? I mean I am aware it will kick in at the end of April so I am assuming we are due to be back dated again. However from what day the new 2021 pay rise of a whopping 1% is due? Anyone knows?
Why are you so excitedly asking when you know when it is??
I just know when it is supposed to be paid roughly. However I do not know cut off day for new financial year. As we were still paid on the 2nd April for last financial year. Question is if we are getting paid in advance then cut off should be on the 3rd or 4th of April then potentially from Monday the 5th we are working towards new financial year salary. I was hoping there is someone who know exactly how it's done.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by Dindin »

neilgg wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2021, 18:50
In your wages on 30 April and backdated to the beginning of April.
It will be included in your wages this week
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by SpacePhoenix »

6th April is the first day of the 2021/22 financial year
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6698
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by RobertT »

To clarify:

The 2021 pay award of 1% will come into effect from April 2021 with revised pay rates and any arrears paid on 30 April.

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2021/02/2021-pay-award
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by Dindin »

RobertT wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2021, 11:13
To clarify:

The 2021 pay award of 1% will come into effect from April 2021 with revised pay rates and any arrears paid on 30 April.

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2021/02/2021-pay-award
Robert t so it's not in this week?
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by Dindin »

Oh well an extra£8 in our pockets for the end of April
neilgg
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: 2021 pay rise question

Post by neilgg »

As I said paid on 30 April.