ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Good fri and Easter sunday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chupacabra74
Posts: 52
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
Gender: Male

Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by Chupacabra74 »

Does anyone know the hourly rate for above days, please?
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by twoloops »

Surely no ones working Easter Sunday? Even the supermarkets are closed? Your a long time dead.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by SpacePhoenix »

twoloops wrote: ↑
29 Mar 2021, 20:36
Surely no ones working Easter Sunday? Even the supermarkets are closed? Your a long time dead.
Covid test kits perhaps?
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by apple »

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 20.42.59.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by twoloops »

Easter Sunday is not a bank holiday in the UK, nor is it a public holiday, but it is an important day in the Christian calendar.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

According to our rep every office has to cover their own Covid kits on those days. Doubt they will get any takers at ours.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by Celgar »

I think most people are using the tests that don't need to be returned to get the results now. I can't remember the last time I saw a test kit in a postbox to be collected.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
mozilla
Posts: 74
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by mozilla »

Celgar wrote: ↑
29 Mar 2021, 23:10
I think most people are using the tests that don't need to be returned to get the results now. I can't remember the last time I saw a test kit in a postbox to be collected.
Not in my area , I picked up about 30 kits from boxes yesterday.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by aiden01 »

Chupacabra74 wrote: ↑
29 Mar 2021, 18:28
Does anyone know the hourly rate for above days, please?
Good fri at bh rate is £17-19 per hour an sunday rate will be normal for sa an pressure ot.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by twoloops »

If I was asked to work GF or EM I would think of the age I might live to & take it off my age now & work out how many more GF & EM I have left, nice trip to the coast with the wife, invite the kids/grandkids round or just an easy day relaxing around the house, you hearts only got so many beats, you don’t want to use them all up on RM, boots on I’m in early on packets :arrrghhh
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by aiden01 »

twoloops wrote: ↑
31 Mar 2021, 05:25
If I was asked to work GF or EM I would think of the age I might live to & take it off my age now & work out how many more GF & EM I have left, nice trip to the coast with the wife, invite the kids/grandkids round or just an easy day relaxing around the house, you hearts only got so many beats, you don’t want to use them all up on RM, boots on I’m in early on packets :arrrghhh
Nobody is asking you to work either day so why all the fuss if people want to earn some extra money.an most of the above that you talk about is not allowed under current restrictions.
Chupacabra74
Posts: 52
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Good fri and Easter sunday

Post by Chupacabra74 »

aiden01 wrote: ↑
30 Mar 2021, 20:46
Chupacabra74 wrote: ↑
29 Mar 2021, 18:28
Does anyone know the hourly rate for above days, please?
Good fri at bh rate is £17-19 per hour an sunday rate will be normal for sa an pressure ot.
Thanks mate