ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Driving Allowance?
-
Wild Rover
- Posts: 614
- Joined: 03 Aug 2007, 17:41
- Location: Jockistan
Driving Allowance?
I drive daily dropping off parcels (sometimes LATs). I've been doing this for nearly 3 years. Am I entitled to any driving allowance or are they done away with nowadays?
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving Allowance?
They are a thing of the distant past, probably way over ten years ago.
Although the ones who used to get the driving allowance (among other perks) still get them as 'legacy payments'. Make of that what you will
Although the ones who used to get the driving allowance (among other perks) still get them as 'legacy payments'. Make of that what you will
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving Allowance?
Ha! Drivers should get an allowance, after all there's a lot more job responsibilities driving a van legally than most other duties in all depts of RM entail.
-
therailway61
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 23 Feb 2020, 10:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving Allowance?
Driving allowance of £35.63 is payable for vans with gross weight of 3.5 t. Generally the lwb Sprinters, not normally in DO's more often operated from Mail Centres and Relay Units. Check the plate on the vehicle often located inside the passenger side. If it states Max. Gross Weight 3500kg then it qualifies for the allowance.
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: Driving Allowance?
I get the £6 per week legacy driving allowance.
It's because I was a driver at the time of an agreement about 20 years ago.
It's because I was a driver at the time of an agreement about 20 years ago.
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
Re: Driving Allowance?
I get just under £35 a week driving allowance to drive the boxer vans

-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving Allowance?
Ditto on the six quid.Jefferson Starfish wrote: ↑26 Mar 2021, 13:54I get the £6 per week legacy driving allowance.![]()
It's because I was a driver at the time of an agreement about 20 years ago.![]()
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.