ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA problem

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
leylandwanderer
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

PDA problem

Post by leylandwanderer »

Anyone have any idea why my pda comes up with a fault when I try to optimise my route. It reads:
Route optimisation failed
Error-
[opt_nongeocodable_header_stops]
TopperGas
Posts: 3521
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: PDA problem

Post by TopperGas »

An unknown (incorrect?) postcode has been entered for location for the start of the journey has been entered?
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 375
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: PDA problem

Post by WASD »

I noticed this today on different PDAs on separate logins. Yet i've not seen this before. Could be coincidence or there was a bug that popped up today.

I don't if the software engineers are incompetent or they don't test the product outside of their own computer's environment. Either way, the software gets worse with each update.
TopperGas
Posts: 3521
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: PDA problem

Post by TopperGas »

By chance I had this error appear again today, for the second time in a week, I just re-entered the DO postcode and it worked without the error code.

Anybody else noticed when you now know get to a destination the PDA just announces the town, name rather than "you're house number 10 on the right" etc? Not sure what's good on there with the navigation update!
chrisrct
Posts: 21
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 10:42
Gender: Male

Re: PDA problem

Post by chrisrct »

I’ve had this problem the last few days, tried logging in logging out ,rebooting etc, the only fix I’ve had was logging in on a different route barcode, worked fine then.