ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hourly increase??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wayevs
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Nov 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Hourly increase??

Post by wayevs »

Hello Folks. I'm just entering my third year with Royal Mail as a postie and in the time I've been a decent working employee with no sickness etc etc. I started on a 20 hour contract but I've always said I wanted the most hours possible. As it stands I'm still only 20 hours and not been offered Any increase . It's frustrating as some weeks I can get 5-6 days and others only 3 days and especially bad on annual leave. So I suppose my question would be is there any path to being offered more hours I had hoped I would of been given more hours by now. Many thanks any advice appreciated👍
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Hourly increase??

Post by SpacePhoenix »

When it comes to PT being made up to FT the most senior PT gets 1st dibs, don't know if the same applies to an increase of hours to nearer FT
Blinkboy44
Posts: 48
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
Gender: Male

Re: Hourly increase??

Post by Blinkboy44 »

Change office. I got offered full time after 3 months, didn’t see what the big deal was at the time. people transfer to my office with 10 years service because they are sick of waiting for full time at their office
pex
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
Gender: Male

Re: Hourly increase??

Post by pex »

It seems being made up to full time is a discussion between your union rep and your management on most occasions. Have you approached your union rep if your in the union?
As said before apply to another office, you can approach another office directly if you don't get positive advice from your management. We have had several people transfer to our office in the last year having just turned up to have a look at our setup during the afternoon after their walk.
wayevs
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Nov 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Re: Hourly increase??

Post by wayevs »

Hi thanks for the advice. Basically Im after an increase in hours even up to 30 would be better than what I'm on , obviously full time would be great. I'm in the union so will ask the rep but probably get the answer there's not enough hours in the office even though they taken on 2 other part time 20 hours in the past 6 months. As far as seniority I'm one of the longer serving part timers.