Has anyone experienced hip pain from using an LWT (light weight trolley)?
Since lockdown, vans have been scarce.. so I've had to use a trolley. Depending on the terrain, I pull and push the trolley with my right hand, and only ever take out 2 bags below the maximum weight limit. I've read the guideline ssow handbook and do everything by the book!
However pain has started in my right hip, since I have to bend down or twist to frequently get my hands into the bags attached to the trolley.
I'm 6ft tall and I think the LWT's are too low down for me. I have to constantly choose between bending over and getting back pain, or bending slightly sideways and getting hip pain. The hip pain seems far worse and is not getting better! It's got the point that even manoeuvring the trolly over bumps and cracks in the pavement causes pain also!!
Although LWT's were brought in to take the load off our backs, I've never had any trouble with using a bag on my shoulder. The problems have only started since using a trolley... ironically
Off to the Dr's to get it scanned..
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hip pain LWT trolley
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Hip pain LWT trolley
Yes my friend take action now and sort your health out,I’ve done nearly 40/years and my osteoarthritis certainly hasn’t been helped by pushing trollies and my stop start in out of my van on rural delivery.got signed off in November and go into hospital for hip replacement on Monday,then hopefully pain free,then hopefully back to work on phased duty.so get it sorted,it’s no fun at all trust me,then I have a bad knee to sort,it’s no fun when your old in this job,not very user friendly on those that have been in post a long time,not the job for you any more gets shouted at you,
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Hip pain LWT trolley
Yes I had terrible pain in my knee as soon as I stopped using a Light weight trolley the pain went away, ask if there are any High Capacity trollies if it’s not to far from the delivery office these are better higher up.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2225
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Hip pain LWT trolley
Robert howd hip replacement go ?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Hip pain LWT trolley
I get shoulder & back pain the odd time I use a trolley, being on a single duty I now pull my walk out depending on where I have packets, so I very really even use a bag.