ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

6 month review

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PAClark543
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Sep 2020, 19:45
Gender: Male

6 month review

Post by PAClark543 »

Hi all.
I should have had my 6 month review several weeks ago. Manager seems to be rather ambivalent about it! Will I get my pay rise without having my review? Manager says I am doing a good job but want to be assured that my pay will go up as it should. Also, I am on a contract until June. Any thoughts on how likely I am to be kept on? Seems a bit shitty to keep people guessing whether they will have a job in a few months!
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Re: 6 month review

Post by Smith1212 »

There keep you if your doing a good job ! Also there keep you if not as it’s so bizzy lol but seriously I’d not worry about it 👍🏻
Rael, the IAK
Posts: 109
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

Re: 6 month review

Post by Rael, the IAK »

I'm just over 2 years in. Never had a review. You'll get the increase in your hourly rate though, they're not linked.
My thought is that next month, as you'll then be within 3 months of your contract term finishing, would be a good time to discuss with your DOM what happens after June.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: 6 month review

Post by POSTMAN »

PAClark543 wrote: ↑
09 Mar 2021, 18:54
Hi all.
I should have had my 6 month review several weeks ago. Manager seems to be rather ambivalent about it! Will I get my pay rise without having my review? Manager says I am doing a good job but want to be assured that my pay will go up as it should. Also, I am on a contract until June. Any thoughts on how likely I am to be kept on? Seems a bit shitty to keep people guessing whether they will have a job in a few months!
If you've been here for over 6 months as you state then you should already have had the pay rise regardless of review!

New, up to date fully loaded pay scales here...
Pay Rate Guide - CWU Represented ex-Letters Grades in Royal Mail Operations :2021

Ambivalent:having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Frankie15
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: 6 month review

Post by Frankie15 »

You wont get a review. If you're doing a good job that's all they need to know. A few new starts where I work never received a review. You also will be kept on. They're not going to let you go when let's face it, the s**t will let the fan when all the changes and revisions start!!
PAClark543
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Sep 2020, 19:45
Gender: Male

Re: 6 month review

Post by PAClark543 »

Thanks all!