To cut a long story short.
I had to move house because I could no longer afford to live in London. Moved out to Kent approx 40-50 miles from my office.
I told the DOM in august I would be looking to move around December/January time, he said just get through Christmas for me and you can go in the new year. He spoke to the DOM of my new office and they agreed a date and the DOM sent over the file from PSP for my current manager to accept.
A week before I was suppose to transfer the union rep told me the Dom was blocking the transfer.
Had a huge row, ended up agreeing to staying until Feb if I could take a van home.
It then got to just before Feb and he said he was under staffed so would have to keep hold of me again, and I just got fed up with it and went sick with stress at work.
We are currently in the process of transitioning to super frames and it’s going so badly and management are not making any changes to improve the indoor side of the job, it’s just chaos.
Parcels absolutely everywhere taking like 2/3 loops out because we don’t get out until 11am which is just unheard of.
I just needed to get away from everything and take some time out.
The good news is, I have contacted the Dom of the new office and his put a job online which I’ve applied for and his told me I will start within 6 weeks regardless of whether the Dom lets me go or not.
I’m now getting voicemails from managers at my current office saying they want to arrange face to face meetings.
But if I’m signed off from work with stress do I have to do this?
Also can they stop my pay if I have a sick note from the doctor?
Just looking for some advice.
I’m a part time worker so can’t afford the travel to my office each week, I have no car anymore so would have to get a train.
The plan was to transfer office which is within 0.5 miles of my new address so I’m closer to home and then do as much overtime as possible and hopefully still get home at a reasonable time each day.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Need advice regarding stress at work.
-
Anonymous100
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 18:47
- Gender: Male
-
Haditup
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 27 Nov 2020, 07:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Need advice regarding stress at work.
Short answer is YES,they will stop your pay regardless of sick note!
I was signed off with stress but my pay was stopped because I felt in no fit state (mentally )to attend a Face to Face meeting.
I eventually received my stopped wages weeks after I put in a grievance, as you can imagine this just contributed to my already stressed out condition!
To my understanding If it’s work related stress then RM believe’s they have a right to seek what stresses you out and adjust your work load / practice accordingly.
They will also offer feeling first class and counselling.
What they fail to realise that’s sometimes a break from work environment is more beneficial than talking to a complete stranger about how much of a Twat the management are.
My advice is ,keep in contact with your line manager,phone feeling first class and tell them why you feel stressed out!
Hopefully Human Resources will get involved and get your move to another office rolling more faster.
Then contact your line manager for a face 2 face meeting.
They will know that you are serious having made contact with HR /feeling first class and will need to do things by the book.
All the best
I was signed off with stress but my pay was stopped because I felt in no fit state (mentally )to attend a Face to Face meeting.
I eventually received my stopped wages weeks after I put in a grievance, as you can imagine this just contributed to my already stressed out condition!
To my understanding If it’s work related stress then RM believe’s they have a right to seek what stresses you out and adjust your work load / practice accordingly.
They will also offer feeling first class and counselling.
What they fail to realise that’s sometimes a break from work environment is more beneficial than talking to a complete stranger about how much of a Twat the management are.
My advice is ,keep in contact with your line manager,phone feeling first class and tell them why you feel stressed out!
Hopefully Human Resources will get involved and get your move to another office rolling more faster.
Then contact your line manager for a face 2 face meeting.
They will know that you are serious having made contact with HR /feeling first class and will need to do things by the book.
All the best
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Need advice regarding stress at work.
They have a duty of care,keen to advertise what a caring company they are,under health and well-being,but seems once you need to implement it they are sadly lacking!,everything is a struggle which it shouldn’t be,and it’s not right