ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Online holiday entitlement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Online holiday entitlement

Post by sorefeet17 »

I just logged in to the new online holiday website, well my leave is a complete mess on there but my question is about POAL purchased holiday, the amount is less than two weeks, is this because there is an adjustment with bank holidays accrued from last year?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by k979aaa »

This is the problem with online I would rather have a piece of paper in my hand I can wave about like the good old days!
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by Woody Guthrie »

sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
26 Feb 2021, 22:02
I just logged in to the new online holiday website, well my leave is a complete mess on there but my question is about POAL purchased holiday, the amount is less than two weeks, is this because there is an adjustment with bank holidays accrued from last year?
You never actually purchase 2 weeks because even at entry level your entitlement is 22.5 days and the max you can have is 30 so the max you can purchase is 7.5 days.
Only dead fish follow the current
Ringer21
Posts: 127
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by Ringer21 »

I have a week booked off in August it's not showing online but its on the system in work.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by Tinoblade »

sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
26 Feb 2021, 22:02
I just logged in to the new online holiday website, well my leave is a complete mess on there but my question is about POAL purchased holiday, the amount is less than two weeks, is this because there is an adjustment with bank holidays accrued from last year?
Is this the app or is there a different website for holidays?
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by GRS »

The whole A/L thing has become a mess. All this changing it to hours - nobody seems to understand it. You get your A/L printout that is just a mixture of numbers in random columns. No doubt the person who came up with this nonsense has buggered off nto work elsewhere and left all of us to put up with this nonsense. It’s one of those things that deliberately put in to bamboozle people who in turn give up trying to work it all out or get fed up asking their manager what it all means, thus losing out on entitled leave. Wold be genuinely interested how many other workplaces use this method. Everyone talks in days or weeks leave, no one says I’ve got 204 hours leave this year or I’m off now for 76 hours leave.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by aiden01 »

Wife works in call centre for local bus company been using hours for a long time.
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by Cucumber »

I remember the big announcement last Autumn that ALL annual leave MUST be inputted into the PSP system. Ours is a total mess, some have only chosen 1 or 2 weeks for 2021-2022. My question is, how are management getting away with this? Why aren't their superiors pulling them up for it?
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by Alexei »

I agree the printout we receive from manager (usually have to ask floating manager) is very confusing. Day's sounds easier because of the structure of the rota and how the working day generally plays out - I don't think anyone has ever asked to be let away an hour early or do half a shift because they have four hours remaining.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Alexei wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 15:21
I agree the printout we receive from manager (usually have to ask floating manager) is very confusing. Day's sounds easier because of the structure of the rota and how the working day generally plays out - I don't think anyone has ever asked to be let away an hour early or do half a shift because they have four hours remaining.
I think the problem with days was that it doesn't tie in with, long and shorts, 3 and 4 day weeks and 9 day fortnights.

Obviously you can't have 30 days if you only work 4 days a week.
Only dead fish follow the current
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by mjd24 »

I cant wait for the day when its all done online. I hate the fact that if i want to get an odd day of leave i have to go and see my DOM in his office for him to get the annual leave ring binder out of his desk drawer. And then i have to feel the pressure of him watching as i flick through looking for any available dates or whatever.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by Alexei »

Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 15:37

I think the problem with days was that it doesn't tie in with, long and shorts, 3 and 4 day weeks and 9 day fortnights.

Obviously you can't have 30 days if you only work 4 days a week.
Ah yes, I originally had mentioned long and shorts in my comment but deleted as was rambling a tad :oops: Didn't consider the other shift patterns though. I think our office has changed to 7.36 every day since the first lockdown last year. The hours vs days thing is really just a matter of interpretation. I guess some people don't like the added calculation of working out how many days/weeks they have When it's presented in hours format. Personally I have no issue, but their handout is confusing, or certainly the one I receieved a few years back.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by HTPostman »

mjd24 wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 17:23
I cant wait for the day when its all done online. I hate the fact that if i want to get an odd day of leave i have to go and see my DOM in his office for him to get the annual leave ring binder out of his desk drawer. And then i have to feel the pressure of him watching as i flick through looking for any available dates or whatever.
I’d be surprised if booking leave online happens anytime soon.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by 97gaz »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 19:37
mjd24 wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 17:23
I cant wait for the day when its all done online. I hate the fact that if i want to get an odd day of leave i have to go and see my DOM in his office for him to get the annual leave ring binder out of his desk drawer. And then i have to feel the pressure of him watching as i flick through looking for any available dates or whatever.
I’d be surprised if booking leave online happens anytime soon.
It'll never happen. Royal Mail need X amount of staff in every day to cover the work. If the leave ceiling has been reached for a particular week then there'll be no more leave granted for that week.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Online holiday entitlement

Post by aiden01 »

Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 15:37
Alexei wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021, 15:21
I agree the printout we receive from manager (usually have to ask floating manager) is very confusing. Day's sounds easier because of the structure of the rota and how the working day generally plays out - I don't think anyone has ever asked to be let away an hour early or do half a shift because they have four hours remaining.
I think the problem with days was that it doesn't tie in with, long and shorts, 3 and 4 day weeks and 9 day fortnights.

Obviously you can't have 30 days if you only work 4 days a week.
Have heard a rumour the sick absence procdecure may soon be going in hours aswell.