ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Brilliant in Balham, 'The Balham 1'

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Brilliant in Balham, 'The Balham 1'

Post by POSTMAN »

Ok, I somehow have a knack of remembering things on here from years ago, it's a weird thing and I am not able to do it in life outside or else I'll be counting cards at a casino at Monte carlo.

On MYROYALMAIL there is a feature of london postie Clifford Whyte, 'Brilliant in Balham'...



But he previously had some fame, on here anyway when he was the only striker on the picket line at said Balham DO.
Only prob is we can't see the pic (gutted) as it was hosted elsewhere, but I rember the pic vividly, him standing there with a CWU pamphlet.
Our older members on here may remember.
2007.....memories...
The Balham One
johnnypick wrote: This is Cliff guys, a postman from SW12 D.O. who i first met on the tube on my way to the Old St Demo in July.
Got talking on the way and was impressed with his fighting spirit.When i left my picket today i passed through Balham on my way to my mums,
I thought id stop off at the office and see if anyone was there.
And there he was all on his own ,fighting for the cause :Applause :Applause :Applause
TOP,TOP,BLOKE.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.