ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'll heath retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sputters
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 112
Joined: 28 Apr 2017, 22:17
Gender: Male

I'll heath retirement

Post by Sputters »

I have been told I might be eligible for ill heath retirement after 20 years service and I am taking My nra 60 . I am 60 years of age . Can anyone tell me how it would affect my pension and how much royal mail pay for retiring me
Thanks
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by robbertwhitton »

Hello my friend am 59 and done nearly 40 years currently on long term sick awaiting hip replacement opp and then I need opp on my knee ,spoke to boss re ihr as an option,I have taken all my pension at 55 and they say it’s a years pay to go I think,it’s hard work if your not fully fit! Hope it works out for you,
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by 97gaz »

Sputters wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2021, 15:59
I have been told I might be eligible for ill heath retirement after 20 years service and I am taking My nra 60 . I am 60 years of age . Can anyone tell me how it would affect my pension and how much royal mail pay for retiring me
Thanks
I don't think It should affect either your nra60 and nra65 as both schemes are now closed to new contributions. The agreement for IHR is 34 weeks pay untaxed and 12 week lieu of notice which is taxed. That worked out at £21,500 for me, a full timer.
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Feb 2021, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
Sputters
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 112
Joined: 28 Apr 2017, 22:17
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by Sputters »

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it . Can you please tell me how many years you worked for rm .
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by POSTMAN »

This is the 5th IHR post on here this year, that I can see anyway, is summin afoot?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by clashcityrocker »

POSTMAN wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2021, 14:26
This is the 5th IHR post on here this year, that I can see anyway, is summin afoot?
It's not always afoot.
It might be a knee or a hernia or ......
Ha Ha Bonk.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by robbertwhitton »

Mines not a foot,mines a worn out knackered hip!i do wish Royal Mail would stop making a fuss over us long term older posties,it’s making me very tearful and heartwarming,!,,,
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by greengiant »

robbertwhitton wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2021, 15:36
Mines not a foot,mines a worn out knackered hip!i do wish Royal Mail would stop making a fuss over us long term older posties,it’s making me very tearful and heartwarming,!,,,
In my case, it's a weird as yet undiagnosed neurological condition (possibly MS, possibly something else I'm still waiting on results of tests and MRI scans etc), which I've been dealing with since July last year. I'm only 43, and up until then was pretty fit. 2019, I did my first 200km bicycle ride, now I struggle to walk the length of myself. I've only been in the job since 2014! :thumbdown I'll certainly miss my work chums though.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by robbertwhitton »

Well I wish you well my friend,yes my customers I miss terribly and always asking after me,not sure if I will go back,or want to go back see how they manage me,
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by greengiant »

robbertwhitton wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2021, 18:57
Well I wish you well my friend,yes my customers I miss terribly and always asking after me,not sure if I will go back,or want to go back see how they manage me,
Good luck robbertwhitton, with whatever you decide.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by 97gaz »

Sputters wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2021, 12:38
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it . Can you please tell me how many years you worked for rm .
I did just over 23 years but it doesn't matter much when it comes to IHR. It's a fixed figure regardless of service.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by 97gaz »

I left in October. In my case it was Rheumatoid Arthritis which I've had for eight years. I had been talking to them about IHR for six months before the first lockdown.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by robbertwhitton »

After 40 years I love the rural delivery that I do,and hate having to deal with my osteoarthritis ,which soon will be fixed with hip replacement,and may be able to come back and then have my knee fixed,we all get old and your body in this job does take a bashing in repetitive ways,keeping fit is key I guess and certainly helps,
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by Sugar »

97gaz wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2021, 23:52
Sputters wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2021, 15:59
I have been told I might be eligible for ill heath retirement after 20 years service and I am taking My nra 60 . I am 60 years of age . Can anyone tell me how it would affect my pension and how much royal mail pay for retiring me
Thanks
I don't think It should affect either your nra60 and nra65 as both schemes are now closed to new contributions. The agreement for IHR is 34 weeks pay untaxed and 12 week lieu of notice which is taxed. That worked out at £21,500 for me, a full timer.
And don't forget any holidays that are due, you get paid for those. I still had over a months worth so added nicely to the overall total.
POSTMAN wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2021, 14:26
This is the 5th IHR post on here this year, that I can see anyway, is summin afoot?
I'd been thinking the same :crazy:

It should show the union and company how much of a battering OPG's body's take and if both had any sense they'd sort it out as it costs more in the long run in sickness etc but then again both aren't much good when it comes to common sense.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by Biker Mouse »

34 weeks pay tax free
12 weeks pay in lieu of notice which is taxed
Any outstanding annual leave which is also taxed.

Your shares you keep but will receive a letter from RM asking what you want to do with them.