ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay off my bundle early?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twisted_racer
Posts: 9
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 23:42
Gender: Female

Pay off my bundle early?

Post by twisted_racer »

Hi there I was wondering if it's possible to pay off my bundle early as I'm emigrating soon. Wondered if it would possible to ask hr to take my full wages for a few weeks which would pay off the approx 2.5/3k worth of packages or if I have to move the money over to my account and ask my bundle to deduct the full cost from my bank account?
Has anyone ever manage to pay off my bundle early somehow?
Just want to make it easier so I don't have to deal with it if my flying exemption comes through and I need to leave within weeks.
Pope Marmalade lll
Posts: 22
Joined: 15 May 2020, 11:44
Gender: Male

Re: Pay off my bundle early?

Post by Pope Marmalade lll »

If you leave your employer for any reason including redundancy or dismissal on any grounds or you decide to voluntarily take unpaid leave of more than 30 days (with the exception of maternity/adoption leave/Shared Parental Leave) before the end of the two year agreement period, you will be required to pay a termination fee to compensate your employer for the non-completion of your agreement. The termination fee you will have to pay will be calculated by multiplying your agreed monthly (or weekly) reduction in gross pay by the number of months (or pay periods) remaining to be paid at the time you leave your employer. This amount will be taken from your final net pay (that is, your pay after tax, National Insurance and any other deductions have come out) or any other monies owed to you by your employer. If you don’t earn enough in a particular pay period to cover the termination fee, Royal Mail Group will write to let you know. You will then have 28 days to pay the rest of the amount.

If you are aware that your employment is likely to end before the two year life of the agreement you should consider very carefully whether you wish to choose the benefit. Further information can be found on the Employee Agreement.

For Royal Mail policies regarding death in service, terminal illness or ill health retirement, please refer to the Royal Mail intranet.

This is taken from the my bundle FAQ page
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Pay off my bundle early?

Post by robbertwhitton »

I’m sure you can,is there anything on the website,maybe worth a phone call,good luck
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Pay off my bundle early?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

You're more honest than most.
Emigrating... . .
Only dead fish follow the current
Post_Alone
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Nov 2020, 20:02
Gender: Female

Re: Pay off my bundle early?

Post by Post_Alone »

twisted_racer wrote: ↑
14 Feb 2021, 15:32
Hi there I was wondering if it's possible to pay off my bundle early as I'm emigrating soon. Wondered if it would possible to ask hr to take my full wages for a few weeks which would pay off the approx 2.5/3k worth of packages or if I have to move the money over to my account and ask my bundle to deduct the full cost from my bank account?
Has anyone ever manage to pay off my bundle early somehow?
Just want to make it easier so I don't have to deal with it if my flying exemption comes through and I need to leave within weeks.
You can't pay it off fully. Been there and tried it , no early repayment is an option.
Also remember that my bundle is taxable up to a certain amount. I pay extra tax throughout the year so I don't get hit with a tax bill and the end of the year.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Pay off my bundle early?

Post by twoloops »

Forgive my ignorance, what’s my bundle?
solar_plexus
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Oct 2019, 20:26
Gender: Male

Re: Pay off my bundle early?

Post by solar_plexus »

twoloops wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2021, 19:10
Forgive my ignorance, what’s my bundle?
It's the package of various perks RM employees can sign up to, such as the MyDrive Salary Exchange Car Scheme.

https://mybundle.rewardgateway.co.uk/