ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hours
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
After putting reducing hours flexible working in "search" i found this. (I did not remember posting this in response to a similar question)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90862&p=854364&hil ... ng#p854364
EDIT; I am not sure if this information is the same as "Buying Down Hours"
Also a link from 2014!
viewtopic.php?t=65399
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90862&p=854364&hil ... ng#p854364
EDIT; I am not sure if this information is the same as "Buying Down Hours"
Also a link from 2014!
viewtopic.php?t=65399
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
Buying down is part of the Managing The Surplus Framework (MTSF) and as such needs to be triggered by a surplus of hours in your unit usually as the result of a revision.
It's not normally something you can just volunteer for because it's subject to a preference exercise and seniority.
It's not normally something you can just volunteer for because it's subject to a preference exercise and seniority.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
Who does Saturday, Monday and Tuesday? Is yours a job share with one other?bishopoflove wrote: ↑11 Feb 2021, 17:12Best thing I ever did 22.5hrs. work Wed, Thur, Fri, then 4 days off.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
Job shares in my office arerambo1 wrote: ↑11 Feb 2021, 21:18Who does Saturday, Monday and Tuesday? Is yours a job share with one other?bishopoflove wrote: ↑11 Feb 2021, 17:12Best thing I ever did 22.5hrs. work Wed, Thur, Fri, then 4 days off.
Week 1 Mon,Tues,Weds 6 hours a day
Week 2 Thurs,Fr,Sat 6 hours a day
Generally 8 till 2
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
That sounds great, so pretty much week on week off, for £15k a yr , almost tax free. Wish I could find someone in my office to do that. All money grabbers here though.Bahia Feliz wrote: ↑12 Feb 2021, 07:55Job shares in my office arerambo1 wrote: ↑11 Feb 2021, 21:18Who does Saturday, Monday and Tuesday? Is yours a job share with one other?bishopoflove wrote: ↑11 Feb 2021, 17:12Best thing I ever did 22.5hrs. work Wed, Thur, Fri, then 4 days off.
Week 1 Mon,Tues,Weds 6 hours a day
Week 2 Thurs,Fr,Sat 6 hours a day
Generally 8 till 2
-
bishopoflove
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 09:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
My partner on the job share doesn't mind working Saturday, he has the odd one off here and there but I don't mind that, just find someone who's at the right age or someone who is struggling to do 5 days on delivery it shouldn't be that hard.
-
bishopoflove
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 09:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
Get your union rep involved tell him your are unable to do 5 days and find somebody who is also struggling, our 3 day week was sorted by a short meeting between the Dom, union rep, my partner and me, there is no reason why they should refuse so long as the duty is covered, in theory we can be as flexible as we want, I can get any time I want off.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Hours
Very much the latter... I've tried numerous times to instigate a job share with other colleagues looking for one, but it's always been too much like hard work for the manager to implement, even though to my mind it simplifies matters, as 2 people covering a duty for 6 days does away with the need for a day off cover for that duty.
We've also even had the union rep put a block on them on the grounds it would be unfair and against seniority to ringfence a duty for the job sharers.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: Hours
oh wow, this is what I need.Bahia Feliz wrote: ↑12 Feb 2021, 07:55Job shares in my office arerambo1 wrote: ↑11 Feb 2021, 21:18Who does Saturday, Monday and Tuesday? Is yours a job share with one other?bishopoflove wrote: ↑11 Feb 2021, 17:12Best thing I ever did 22.5hrs. work Wed, Thur, Fri, then 4 days off.
Week 1 Mon,Tues,Weds 6 hours a day
Week 2 Thurs,Fr,Sat 6 hours a day
Generally 8 till 2
I find working 5 days a week as a Postie is knackering and the single day off at a time is not enough to recover mentally and physically. It's Sunday now, our weekend, or half a weekend and it won't be long until I am back in the depot tomorrow morning, so it feels like I am forever working as Sunday comes and goes in a flash as does the day off in the week.
Has there been any information about more flexible changes to working patterns / hours in the dispute?
If I can't get a job share then maybe more flexible working will come in once they agree on any upcoming changes.
Although I'd rather not work a 5 day week, but a 3 or 4 day week, if say they offered us Posties Monday to Friday working and then they got in weekend workers seeing as they are probably going to bring in Sunday deliveries - I'd be ok with that, I'd much prefer that to the current rolling day off situation.