Hi, I have been working as a casual since the end of November but as of this coming week I am being taken on by RM.
Tomorrow I will be doing my first business collections on my own.
My question is I am aware that there are metered, ppi and stamped. Would I be correct in thinking that if it is ppi there will be some paperwork that I have to scan, sign, date and take back with me to the DO.
Thanks for looking
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Business collection for the first time
-
Hammertim
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 10 Nov 2020, 19:47
- Gender: Male
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Business collection for the first time
There could potentially also be SDs and Tracked as well
-
Hammertim
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 10 Nov 2020, 19:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Business collection for the first time
Yeh I had forgot about them but am I right in what I said about the paperwork for the ppi?
-
Babel071
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Business collection for the first time
PPI mail must be collected with paperwork that should be scanned (think of it as digital receipt). You don't need to worry about signing that paperwork. However, if the barcode is not available but paperwork is present you'll have to RedX(revenue protection) all mail from this customer and keep it on the separate york. There will be an option at the bottom of the screen that you'll have to select. If you'll follow PDA and select correct mail type you can't really go wrong.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Business collection for the first time
Fairly sure that Tracked also has paperwork to go with itBabel071 wrote: ↑31 Jan 2021, 22:04PPI mail must be collected with paperwork that should be scanned (think of it as digital receipt). You don't need to worry about signing that paperwork. However, if the barcode is not available but paperwork is present you'll have to RedX(revenue protection) all mail from this customer and keep it on the separate york. There will be an option at the bottom of the screen that you'll have to select. If you'll follow PDA and select correct mail type you can't really go wrong.
-
Babel071
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Business collection for the first time
PPI business account mail include: 24(1st class), 48(2nd class), Tracked(24 & 48), International Tracked and Specials.
It doesn't really matter as long you scan barcode on paperwork (if in doubt scan all pages)
It doesn't really matter as long you scan barcode on paperwork (if in doubt scan all pages)
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Business collection for the first time
Are you saying that you have had no training on how to carry out the collection duty? Not anything? I would expect someone to show you the procedure and what to do? Work place coach etc,is this the norm now,so if it all goes wrong who gets the blame?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Business collection for the first time
After 14 years, I've just done my first business collection. I was told it was just like collecting from a box. I expected a barcode to be scanned to prove I'd been there, but I didn't expect a load of stuff on the PDA. I scanned the sheet the customer gave me and it went away.robbertwhitton wrote: ↑31 Jan 2021, 23:24Are you saying that you have had no training on how to carry out the collection duty? Not anything? I would expect someone to show you the procedure and what to do? Work place coach etc,is this the norm now,so if it all goes wrong who gets the blame?
also, I was there 'early' . . . I get there when I get there . .