ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by terry2972 »

Do people still get 1hr 30 a row? I have heard some places are trying to pay 1hr
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by Tinoblade »

I just get however long it takes me
regalia25
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 Mar 2013, 19:14
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by regalia25 »

Still 1hr 30 at our place
col456xyz
Posts: 85
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 17:24

Re: Overtime

Post by col456xyz »

Never ever happened in our office
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by noggin1969 »

O/
Last edited by noggin1969 on 01 Feb 2024, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by Woody Guthrie »

terry2972 wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2021, 07:01
Do people still get 1hr 30 a row? I have heard some places are trying to pay 1hr

It would depend on the circumstances.
All rows are equal but some are more equal than others.
All managers are not equal and some are more desperate than others.
Only dead fish follow the current
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 621
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by Numberone63 »

If you have blue eyes and have been there the longest you can get whatever you agree with the ‘managers’ Just make it sound like you are helping them out and you too can pick up £1000 on your week off.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by Seymour Buts »

No. They cut it to 5 hours for the frame so 1.25 a row. I suspect it's one particularly lino who his famous for pulling fast ones rsther than national policy though.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by yellowbelly »

Didn't know there was a 'standard' for a row. Doesn't all this depend on the size (width) of the frame, whether the slots are doubles
and the actual layout of the ground ie long driveway or terraced houses?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by rambo1 »

Why are they paying 6hrs to deliver a walk (four rows)? If I have to run over by 45 mins to complete, I get 45 mins. This company is a load of..........!!!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Overtime

Post by NewPostieUK »

yellowbelly wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2021, 18:46
Didn't know there was a 'standard' for a row. Doesn't all this depend on the size (width) of the frame, whether the slots are doubles
and the actual layout of the ground ie long driveway or terraced houses?
My top row takes 30 mins, my bottom row takes two hours.

It's insane that this is even a question.

It depends on the row, never mind the duty, never mind the office.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by terry2972 »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2021, 19:28
Why are they paying 6hrs to deliver a walk (four rows)? If I have to run over by 45 mins to complete, I get 45 mins. This company is a load of..........!!!
Because no one would give a day up for less
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: Overtime

Post by mjd24 »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2021, 19:28
Why are they paying 6hrs to deliver a walk (four rows)? If I have to run over by 45 mins to complete, I get 45 mins. This company is a load of..........!!!
Possibly because usually someone doing the overtime will be doing so on top of doing their own walk, so its a lot more effort/energy to do that compared to doing one walk and going over your time doing so.
clockworkjerk
POST OFFICE
Posts: 54
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by clockworkjerk »

terry2972 wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2021, 21:33
rambo1 wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2021, 19:28
Why are they paying 6hrs to deliver a walk (four rows)? If I have to run over by 45 mins to complete, I get 45 mins. This company is a load of..........!!!
Because no one would give a day up for less
Well they would - millions do overtime for no premium wages or negotiation across the country and god knows how many more worldwide. RM is bonkers for the negotiation and not just doing your hours and people just cotton on to it and get with the system. Like me, I take full advantage, know some are better than me at getting ghost, but whatever, I'm happy and know I'd be far worse off elsewhere, especially in the current climate.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime

Post by rambo1 »

Overtime should be overtime, whatever you do, be it pressure on your own walk or doing extra from another when you finish yours. You should get paid however long it takes, full stop. Royal mail are stupid for paying more. Do they honestly think nobody would do it. People would still do it coz it's extra money. Fact. People get used to regular overtime.