ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Socks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nietsboi
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Mar 2020, 18:44
Gender: Male

Socks

Post by Nietsboi »

Anyone got any suggestions for some proper socks to wear on delivery? The socks I have roll down and are so uncomfortable to wear need some proper good ones, I wear doc martens so preferably long ones cheers
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Socks

Post by clashcityrocker »

Doc Martens do good socks as well.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by sorefeet17 »

Primark thick black ones with grey toes, come in pack of three I think, I double up sometimes and wear a thin pair underneath them.
cheerful
Posts: 90
Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 21:30
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by cheerful »

For winter, try Screwfix:

If your socks are rolling down, you probably want the Site socks, they have 1% spandex (aka lycra / elastane)
https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-comfort ... airs/8397d

The DeWalt and Cat socks are a looser fit (they lack spandex).

For summer, try some "Quarter socks", with a small amount of spandex in. They only come up to just above the ankle. I've had a few brands, as long as they've got a tiny bit of spandex they won't slip down.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Socks

Post by twoloops »

I stock up @ Decathlon I buy different types long, short, ankle, they are that good I keep a few pairs for best.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-s ... _/N-emx67q
Surprised our fantastic union haven’t sorted it out to be included in out kit? Along with the quality footwear & waterproof jackets RM provide :chuckle
ConeHater
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1184
Joined: 25 Sep 2020, 12:37
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by ConeHater »

twoloops wrote: ↑
24 Jan 2021, 05:38
I stock up @ Decathlon I buy different types long, short, ankle, they are that good I keep a few pairs for best.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-s ... _/N-emx67q
Surprised our fantastic union haven’t sorted it out to be included in out kit? Along with the quality footwear & waterproof jackets RM provide :chuckle
. . . we could be provided with Royal Mail pants too !
Peejay8T8
Posts: 32
Joined: 13 Mar 2020, 06:27
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by Peejay8T8 »

I swear by the black workwear socks from Asda. Theyre a good thickness and don't roll down. https://direct.asda.com/george/men/sock ... DUtUzFGZlU.
ConeHater
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1184
Joined: 25 Sep 2020, 12:37
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by ConeHater »

Do you have hairy legs ? If so you could try sewing the hook part of Velcro to the inside of the socks !
Last edited by ConeHater on 24 Jan 2021, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
iHateD2Ds
Posts: 548
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33

Re: Socks

Post by iHateD2Ds »

Costco wool blend thick socks Hard wearing ,great for hiking ,& walking ,I wear them all year round.
Cheaper in store Pack of 4 around £14 (only in stock at winter)

https://www.costco.co.uk/Jewellery-Appa ... p/7699887L
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by sindba »

Regatta Coolmax 2 season walking socks are the best I've found.

Good all year round too.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

twoloops wrote: ↑
24 Jan 2021, 05:38
Surprised our fantastic union haven’t sorted it out to be included in out kit? Along with the quality footwear & waterproof jackets RM provide :chuckle
Me too, they are more essential than a belt.
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by smartecosse »

Decathlon compression ones are great..
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by wookie »

The thicker the better.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Socks

Post by robbertwhitton »

I have a pair of berghaus,they are a walking sock had for while,a thick sock seems to be panelled,and marked right and left so completely idiot proof!!!not sure of price