Hi friends,
I was off on annual leave the week after Christmas. The bank holiday Monday of that week was my scheduled day off. I requested to be paid for the bank holiday Monday but I have now been told that I can't be paid as I was on annual leave. Surely this is bollocks?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave
-
andybfc
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 18:28
- Gender: Male
Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave
Last edited by andybfc on 14 Jan 2021, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave
No that's right, I was the same. If you look at your leave card you won't have used a days leave for the bank holidays(2 that week). If you book a weeks leave when there a bank holiday you only use 4 days
-
andybfc
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 18:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave
Sorry I forgot to add that the bank holiday Monday was also my scheduled day off that week.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave
He will have used up five days holiday though while you will only have worked four days. The PSP system is quirky. If you have a rotating day off and the schedule is set correctly then it will only take four days holiday from you when you're on leave on a bank holiday week. However if your rest day is on that bank holiday day then it will take five days from you. When this happens then you need to make sure that a manual bank holiday credit is entered or they pay you for it. It's in an agreement somewhere that you can take it paid if you want.citypostie wrote: ↑14 Jan 2021, 17:29It was mine as well, that doesn't matter if you've booked annual leave. You don't get days credited back for your days off when you have annual leave normally do you?
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave
That happened to me last year because of Easter Monday. It took a while to get it sorted and I had to push it to the point where hr where contacted about it and finally backed me up. I was told then it was quirk that wouldn't happen again so not to worry about it! I always check my holiday sheet though97gaz wrote: ↑14 Jan 2021, 22:51He will have used up five days holiday though while you will only have worked four days. The PSP system is quirky. If you have a rotating day off and the schedule is set correctly then it will only take four days holiday from you when you're on leave on a bank holiday week. However if your rest day is on that bank holiday day then it will take five days from you. When this happens then you need to make sure that a manual bank holiday credit is entered or they pay you for it. It's in an agreement somewhere that you can take it paid if you want.citypostie wrote: ↑14 Jan 2021, 17:29It was mine as well, that doesn't matter if you've booked annual leave. You don't get days credited back for your days off when you have annual leave normally do you?