ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Freeeeeee money

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2225
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Freeeeeee money

Post by Chelseablue »

Why are royal mail handing out free money under the guise of Workplace erm coaches ? Must be near £7000 a year wasted in our office alone . Imagine the amount uk wide in our offices? Months on end paid for nothing inc holidays. You want to put in an hours overtime , how dare you says the dom . Yet this huge amount wasted is alright . ? Moan over but hey,,
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by Jpro747 »

That’s nothing in the grand scheme of things. Look how much was wasted on Rico. This company loves to piss money up the wall
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by rambo1 »

........ ghost overtime?
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

2 coaches in our unit , both do absolutely sweet fa , I would look over it if they did but do nothing to warrant payment
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by postieblueshirt »

Probably have a vision of coaches running the place so no need for a resident manager,happens in ours all the time.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by Postie45 »

postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
05 Jan 2021, 19:21
Probably have a vision of coaches running the place so no need for a resident manager,happens in ours all the time.
this is in fact the end goal, they want to basically work with a DOM and maybe someone working under him depending on size of the office and the rest of training etc to be sorted out by WPC, it`ll save them a lot if they ever commit to it fully.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yet again it’s down to how the office is run,a pro active manager should be on the ppc case and making sure he does what’s in his job description,and not take the p... ! Seems to be that’s not happening and you get the statements from annoyed workers who won’t be paid or should thy be late back,can’t be right.maybe in the Wpc job to include deliver mail from incompletely deliveries,?..
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by number one »

It’s great I love my £39 a week for doing nothing. The job was available for everybody to apply for but I was the only one who applied. Snooze you lose
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by barcajr »

RM long term goal is to replace line managers with WPCs
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by robbertwhitton »

number one wrote: ↑
06 Jan 2021, 06:03
It’s great I love my £39 a week for doing nothing. The job was available for everybody to apply for but I was the only one who applied. Snooze you lose
All joking apart,I’m sure you have to do something? to be fair our coach is pretty pro active in dealing with complaints,and train stuff and minor van repairs bulbs etc,so not sure it’s helpfull to say you really do nothing,but if you do then good luck to you,the job at ours was open to everyone, but never had one or needed one,he’s been met with one or two comments such as”when he starts doing the job correctly then so will I”
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by postieblueshirt »

:Applause
number one wrote: ↑
06 Jan 2021, 06:03
It’s great I love my £39 a week for doing nothing. The job was available for everybody to apply for but I was the only one who applied. Snooze you lose
postmandick
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by postmandick »

I love my £39 a week for doing jack s**t ....... There was 2 jobs in my office and only I applied .... I had to Badger a mate into going/getting the other one ......

In time they will get ride of managers (who sit in there office playing on there computers) and have WPC and PIC running delivery offices

any revision or Budgets will be done from a Hub as will any discipline issues
Jack1960
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 333
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 17:39
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by Jack1960 »

Anyone could apply for the job, there were no takers in our office for a while , we now have one and she is very good , she spends a few hours a week doing the job so I suppose if that was overtime then 39 pound seems fair enough
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by HTPostman »

I’ve been asked 3 times to be one. Don’t know about other WPCs but I’m a 25 hour contract floater, I know most of the time coaches don’t appear to do much but there’s no way I’m doing others multiple van checks, changing bulbs, doing work time learning sessions and dealing with complaints if I’m starting after everyone else on rounds I’m unfamiliar with.

I’ve told the manager I’ll be a coach if I either have a set duty (my own duty or cover) AND/OR full time contract.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
Parmyarmy25
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 19:39
Gender: Male

Re: Freeeeeee money

Post by Parmyarmy25 »

Had a wpc at ours who was p/t didn't have time to do anything