ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Funeral Leave?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CHUCKYPIG
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 07 Apr 2020, 21:01
Gender: Male

Funeral Leave?

Post by CHUCKYPIG »

My granddad has died and I want to attend the funeral do I get one days paid special leave or do I have to take annual leave?

May as well know the facts before I ask the manager. Thanks
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Funeral Leave?

Post by number one »

One day’s leave with pay
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Funeral Leave?

Post by rogersh »

Confirmation of what "Number One" has posted in response to your question, if required.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf
CHUCKYPIG
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 07 Apr 2020, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Funeral Leave?

Post by CHUCKYPIG »

Aha thanks very much both. That clears that up. Cheers.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Funeral Leave?

Post by k979aaa »

Sorry for your loss got nothing for traveling 100 miles for my Uncles death unpaid leave!
bishopoflove
Posts: 63
Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 09:45
Gender: Male

Re: Funeral Leave?

Post by bishopoflove »

Payed leave.