ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas tips
-
red666bear
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 19 Dec 2009, 22:54
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Hi guys stockport area. 16 years a postie and the tips this year virtually non existent. Never worked so hard solidly through the whole year, gone over and above and really disappointed with the public's response. Anyone have better luck?
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Nil point from the midlands, actually minus £5 as I got my postie a four pack....
'Libraries gave us power'
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Christmas tips
Got told to close the gate on the way out!
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
£340 cash
£30 M&S voucher
3 bottles of wine
12 cans of lager
4 tubs of chocolate
1 bottle of whiskey
1 bottle of brandy
1 homemade cake
£30 M&S voucher
3 bottles of wine
12 cans of lager
4 tubs of chocolate
1 bottle of whiskey
1 bottle of brandy
1 homemade cake
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Well now that you have declared it , you best get ready to pay the tax due on it.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
£30
6 bottles of wine
3 boxes of chocolate
6 bottles of wine
3 boxes of chocolate
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
£20
Tub of heroes
2 bottles red wine.
Tub of heroes
2 bottles red wine.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
SFA
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Not a thing from the public. I don’t really blame the customers, they don’t know me from Adam. I thought my luck was in when an old dear came to me in the street and said ‘excuse me I just wanted to say what a great job you’ve done keeping us going in lockdown’ time stopped still as I thought she’d dig out a fiver from her handbag but she just got her bus pass out as the bus approached
It’s those who’s rural rounds I’ve covered when they’ve been on annual leave I’m a bit peed off at. One guy was off sick for 3 months from December to February, I covered his round all that time, not been given a thing even though he’s telling everyone how he’s had £400, so many boxes of chocolates, wines etc.
Another guy I’ve covered his round for 5 weeks when he’s been on annual leave. Not a thing even though he’s given the day off cover man stuff.
Now the final guy, I’ve probably done his round 15 times this year. He’s given me 3 tubs of chocolate, a bottle of wine and 2 boxes of biscuits.
Going into 2021 who’s round do we think I’ll make that extra special effort on? Who’s round will I continue to stay out till 4.30pm on a Saturday so it’s clear for when he gets back on the Monday? Who’s round will I take the difficult calls? Who’s round will I remember who takes what parcel and who’s round will I just slip parcels of neighbours aren’t in?
HTPostman never forgets. Anyway, merry Christmas
It’s those who’s rural rounds I’ve covered when they’ve been on annual leave I’m a bit peed off at. One guy was off sick for 3 months from December to February, I covered his round all that time, not been given a thing even though he’s telling everyone how he’s had £400, so many boxes of chocolates, wines etc.
Another guy I’ve covered his round for 5 weeks when he’s been on annual leave. Not a thing even though he’s given the day off cover man stuff.
Now the final guy, I’ve probably done his round 15 times this year. He’s given me 3 tubs of chocolate, a bottle of wine and 2 boxes of biscuits.
Going into 2021 who’s round do we think I’ll make that extra special effort on? Who’s round will I continue to stay out till 4.30pm on a Saturday so it’s clear for when he gets back on the Monday? Who’s round will I take the difficult calls? Who’s round will I remember who takes what parcel and who’s round will I just slip parcels of neighbours aren’t in?
HTPostman never forgets. Anyway, merry Christmas
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
qwerty2
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
been on same round for years got £250 so far get a few more next week
average between £200 - £300 every year

average between £200 - £300 every year
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
400 between the 2 of us split down the middle
-
poisonpostie
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Wow you must deliver in some crap areas, never had so much given to me in my life sweets wine biscuits 90 cards well over £1300. and by the way tips are not taxable as they are gifts (looked it up on gov tax site)
This year i actually am humbled by my customers.
This year i actually am humbled by my customers.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
They certainly are taxable. I’ve just had my tax code amended for tips received as I’m now retired..
-
OverHere
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 26 Nov 2020, 14:44
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas tips
Been on the same rural for the last 10 years.
I’ve had over £1500 and 15 bottles of wine/sprits
I’ve had over £1500 and 15 bottles of wine/sprits
-
smileski
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38
Re: Christmas tips
Why on earth would you declare xmas tips to the taxman?deltaforce wrote: ↑25 Dec 2020, 18:28They certainly are taxable. I’ve just had my tax code amended for tips received as I’m now retired..