ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New app

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
STEVEUK2010
Posts: 28
Joined: 25 May 2010, 14:15
Gender: Male

New app

Post by STEVEUK2010 »

Just been informed at work today by a fellow postman that royal mail have launched a new royal mail app

Its called the royal mail people app and is available on iPhone and android devices.

App let's you view payslips online and also annual leave requests

She says she uses it as she can view payslips online on the Wednesday evening

Dont know how long ago app was released but I have now downloaded and registered my log in and all seems good

Was everyone else aware of this as hasnt been publicised much
theotherone
Posts: 430
Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by theotherone »

I think it's not been publicised much because technically it's in the trial stage.Must admit it's not ofter RM gets something right but the app is half decent imo.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by Woody Guthrie »

I keep getting an authentication required pop up asking for username and password.

It's not my login details though cause that doesn't work.
Only dead fish follow the current
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by Tinoblade »

I've got it too. It's great. Can view my annual leave which is great as I usually lose my sheets all the time
Manboat
Posts: 172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by Manboat »

Just downloaded it and it’s all set up, I’m assuming all paper pay slips will be optional now for people.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by koolishy67 »

Got it great one
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Re: New app

Post by Cucumber »

Now all we need is the ability to choose our annual leave from the app.
Wat69
Posts: 70
Joined: 12 Dec 2018, 15:34
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by Wat69 »

Can’t get mine to work doesn’t recognise my post code or let me enter DOB anyone any suggestions??
spiderman
Posts: 27
Joined: 20 Oct 2007, 17:02

Re: New app

Post by spiderman »

.
Last edited by spiderman on 05 Dec 2021, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by Woody Guthrie »

spiderman wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2020, 16:11
Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2020, 14:33
I keep getting an authentication required pop up asking for username and password.

It's not my login details though cause that doesn't work.
It’s a bug in the app, just come out of everything and make sure it’s closed in the background. Log back in and you’ll be fine.
Still doesn't work.
Even uninstalled it.
Still the same.
Only dead fish follow the current
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Cucumber wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2020, 15:25
Now all we need is the ability to choose our annual leave from the app.
...and to be able to put in for leave (special or normal) and to be able to see what leave slots are available for a given day

Would be nice if they could create a windows version of the app
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by Marshamp11 »

I hope it isn't the same IT team that is responsible for PDA updates in charge of the software development for this app. Just saying.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by noggin1969 »

Probably tracks y
Last edited by noggin1969 on 05 Feb 2024, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: New app

Post by twoloops »

I would chop off all my fingers before I would download a RM app
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: New app

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Despite the developers of the app stating...

"We are currently piloting this app so please download it and tell us what you think!"

... I don't think I'll bother installing it and giving it a whirl.

Most of the Google Play and Apple's App Store reviews don't make for pleasant reading. And both app distribution platforms have a slew of one star votes for the Royal Mail People App. :sad:

Play Store.jpg
Apple Store.jpg

I think I'll pass on it until an update is available. :no no
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.