ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
IHR
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
IHR
Had my consolation today in my continuing hip and knee problems.just sounding out my options as I fear I could be off next year with hip replacement and knee operation,not sure exact time scale,not sure an outside source is particularly good in sorting it out to be fair,when my hip is done then they will do my knee,and am keen to get back to work on my delivery then,who has the final say in this matter? Am 59 and done 40/years,am continually hearing from the boss on how he needs to save money in the office etc,is he hoping I will just call it a day and leave? Am signed off till feb at the moment,and after 6 months down to half pay,any thoughts and advice would be great,happy xmas my fellow posties
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: IHR
Most Dom's come out with the saving money shite, it's because they have to stick below a threshold, so too many people off on long term sick and he will start to wet his pants as he has to answer to his boss and regional directors......but don't let them force you out unless you want to go down that route, the guy who works next to me is older than you and has had both his hips done in the last two years and is now happily back on his delivery duty, the call is yours though as a lot of old guys with knee, hips and back problems are ready to go with some money at least.
If you want to carry on working it's always good to keep your rep or area rep in the loop or better still the Equality Officer if your branch has one.
Get your operations done first and then take it from there.
If you want to carry on working it's always good to keep your rep or area rep in the loop or better still the Equality Officer if your branch has one.
Get your operations done first and then take it from there.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
Many thanks for your reply,most helpfull,I would go with evr tomorrow if it came up,but I doubt it will,how much time did your colleague have off,and did they faise him back on delivery? Not sure what the financial package is re ihr and the criteria you have to meet?
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: IHR
My colleague had quite a long time off, he was off about 7 months the first hip and then came back for about another 6 months then went and had his other hip done, did he get grief off the Dom about it of course he did, but he had no intension of leaving, he never wanted NOT to get back on his route, he was offered an indoor job but didn't want it.
IHR is 34 weeks plus, 12 weeks Pay in lieu, plus any holidays you've not taken, roughly a years wage, I'm sure you'd get IHR if you really wanted to go that route based on age and your aliments though.
IHR is 34 weeks plus, 12 weeks Pay in lieu, plus any holidays you've not taken, roughly a years wage, I'm sure you'd get IHR if you really wanted to go that route based on age and your aliments though.
Last edited by General Mannerheim on 15 Dec 2020, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
Thanks again it obviously needs some thinking about and a confirmed proposal from above,the guy spooked me in saying once I commit it’s goodbye,but obviously not as clear as that,not my best phone consultation.may have to re do it?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
As I said the plan is to do my hip then knee then possibly my other hip,just not sure over what time frame,the actual job delivering on my rural I love,the office politics and miss management is beginning to grind me down to say the least,and it ain’t getting better,
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
It is true that once you commit there is no going back, technically you are dismissed, I had it explained to me when I took IHR because I was confused as to why I had to have a stage 3 consideration for dismissal interview when I was not even on a 1, the union where with me all the way through the procedure and cleared it up for me basically its a technicality but at the time it was worrying, best move I made though do not miss trudging the streets in this weather.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
Thankyou,yes been there and had my stage 1 after careful consideration he simply had to issue it!.. really,after some absence due to my hip pain,I’m sure you don’t miss it,I’ve done nearly. 40 years and not enjoying the miss management one bit,yes hopefully have my 6 months on full pay hopefully be back then opp due in jan,then they hope to do my knee and I take it the 6 months on full pay will start again if needed?
-
panzer4
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 173
- Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
You get 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay in a 4 year period my half pay ended 2 weeks earlier than I expected as I had 2 weeks sick about 3 years ago that’s the reason I got from HR when i finally got to speak to somebody hope this helpsrobbertwhitton wrote: ↑16 Dec 2020, 18:09Thankyou,yes been there and had my stage 1 after careful consideration he simply had to issue it!.. really,after some absence due to my hip pain,I’m sure you don’t miss it,I’ve done nearly. 40 years and not enjoying the miss management one bit,yes hopefully have my 6 months on full pay hopefully be back then opp due in jan,then they hope to do my knee and I take it the 6 months on full pay will start again if needed?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
Many thanks,just wondering how much the company would be happy to still accommodate me if I’m having these series of time off after these operations,hip replacement and a knee opp?who makes the decision re ihr is it just me? Or will they ask and have a conversation? I’ve heard nothing from my bosses boss,he must get informed on his conference calls the state of play of his office workforce etc?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR
Many thanks,not sure how they will manage me after being off then having my opp,then back to work then off again to have opp on my knee,how many stage warnings will I end up getting,and could they get rid of me for that??