ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Owed money

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

Owed money

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

Can someone answer this please I took vr last month, will I be owed money when the pay agreement is finally settled as it should be back dated from April?
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: Owed money

Post by deltaforce »

Depends on the terms of settlement is the short answer.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Owed money

Post by k979aaa »

What pay agreement?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Owed money

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

k979aaa wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2020, 19:24
What pay agreement?
The one that has been reached and posted about in the Dispute section.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Owed money

Post by k979aaa »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 08:14
k979aaa wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2020, 19:24
What pay agreement?
The one that has been reached and posted about in the Dispute section.
Not had a vote on it yet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Owed money

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

k979aaa wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 12:15
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 08:14
k979aaa wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2020, 19:24
What pay agreement?
The one that has been reached and posted about in the Dispute section.
Not had a vote on it yet.
If that was your point in replying to that post then perhaps you could have made it clearer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Owed money

Post by k979aaa »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 12:50
k979aaa wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 12:15
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 08:14
k979aaa wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2020, 19:24
What pay agreement?
The one that has been reached and posted about in the Dispute section.
Not had a vote on it yet.
If that was your point in replying to that post then perhaps you could have made it clearer.
Did not even know about the deal but it has not been voted on yet we don't even know what is in the deal yet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Owed money

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

k979aaa wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 12:53
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 12:50
k979aaa wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 12:15
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 08:14
k979aaa wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2020, 19:24
What pay agreement?
The one that has been reached and posted about in the Dispute section.
Not had a vote on it yet.
If that was your point in replying to that post then perhaps you could have made it clearer.
Did not even know about the deal but it has not been voted on yet we don't even know what is in the deal yet.
So what is your point I still don't understand what your issue is?

Your question on the face of it has been answered, if you aren't getting the response you want, then the question you asked needs clarification.

But if you are here just to push the fact that the agreement has not been voted on, youv'e done that, and anyone who has worked at Royal Mail is already aware of that, so it seems an irrelevant issue.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Owed money

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

... Plus you are pulling this topic away from the OPs original question.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Owed money

Post by k979aaa »

Whysoslowyehcfc wrote: ↑
19 Dec 2020, 10:46
Can someone answer this please I took vr last month, will I be owed money when the pay agreement is finally settled as it should be back dated from April?
Owed yes we are all technically owed a pay rise.
Get it probably not you would have to chase it up.
But they could have a clause about being in position at the time of payment.
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Re: Owed money

Post by Cucumber »

Hope you get it, but I wouldn't know where the appetite from the union to fight for it for you would come from. Or are you still in the union?
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Owed money

Post by fly-catchers »

I'm still owed money from a bit of my unused leave and three weeks after leaving still no sign. Of course now they will blame Christmas and HR only working a few more days. And them they will be waiting till it calms down after Christmas. By which time they hope you have given up!
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

Re: Owed money

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

Thanks to everyone, I would hope I get something if it's back dated to April as I was working up until November, 43 years and I had to get out.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL AND HOPEFULLY A HAPPY NEW YEAR,
I'll still be looking on here to how the bastards are treating you all, hopefully the new agreement won't be as bad as most think it will.
Good luck and thanks again :wave :wave
loyalsnail
Posts: 132
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: Owed money

Post by loyalsnail »

fly-catchers wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 16:54
I'm still owed money from a bit of my unused leave and three weeks after leaving still no sign. Of course now they will blame Christmas and HR only working a few more days. And them they will be waiting till it calms down after Christmas. By which time they hope you have given up!
HR doesn't close for Christmas so get em told. Your manager will have to manually request the leave to be paid.