ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How are you ALL coping
-
amco37
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 27 Mar 2013, 11:40
- Gender: Female
How are you ALL coping
How is EVERYONE coping with the extra parcels? I am finding the parcels are bigger and heavier and it's hard going taking them up flights of stairs. The workload is without a doubt heavier than it has ever has been. Are you finding the bags heavier?
Last edited by amco37 on 12 Dec 2020, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How are the female posties coping
As an older man, I am struggling... joints and muscles are screaming 'STOP!'.
My worries with PDA actuals is they think we are all robots and can perform 100% speed no matter the weather or workload every day.
Thankfully I have a maximum of 5 years left of this, but worry about younger people doing this for decades to come.
RM conveniently use the equality laws to expect physically smaller to achieve same results as someone a foot taller and twice the size.
My worries with PDA actuals is they think we are all robots and can perform 100% speed no matter the weather or workload every day.
Thankfully I have a maximum of 5 years left of this, but worry about younger people doing this for decades to come.
RM conveniently use the equality laws to expect physically smaller to achieve same results as someone a foot taller and twice the size.
-
TheoF95
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 20 Jan 2019, 10:07
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
Yes the bags are heavier. For anyone struggling to cope then they will just split up the loops and make them smaller and more parcels are taken by van drivers for those who need it.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
I find the drink helps
that and plotting my revenge.
that and plotting my revenge.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
mags999
- Posts: 372
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
bags are heavier because we get told to take packets and leave mail which causes at least 2days mail in each bag health and safety totally out of the window at the minute main cause tracked friggin pkts given priority over everything
most delivery offices aren't geared up for this method of working wouldn't be surprised to hear of posties keelin over with stress and physical workload if this continues all the way to xmas day goodwill starting to wane in our office already and still 2 weeks to go 
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
At the moment I’m coping, just. I’ve a good knowledge of most of the rounds in my section now and I don’t van share so I can tie things up in smaller loops. I feel sorry for more inexperienced staff who tie up to the frame and end up with huge bags.
Management don’t have a plan(do they ever?!) but luckily there’s plenty OT so we can stay out and clear if we want and I always get paid for the hours I work.
My main issues are the mental battle when you see how full your van is and think you’ll never get done. That and a stream of customers asking where XYZ parcel is, complaining because something is late. It seems I can’t even have my break in the van anymore without someone tapping on the window.
Management don’t have a plan(do they ever?!) but luckily there’s plenty OT so we can stay out and clear if we want and I always get paid for the hours I work.
My main issues are the mental battle when you see how full your van is and think you’ll never get done. That and a stream of customers asking where XYZ parcel is, complaining because something is late. It seems I can’t even have my break in the van anymore without someone tapping on the window.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
physically and mentally struggling with the amount of work and to be honest ive had enough of the f***ing job , your dreading to go back after a day off as walking in to 2 days worth of mail and pkts, parcels , and managers think you will just do it (dont think so), but you never catch up and its s**t and i know the cwu and r/m are still talking but they should be sorting out all the mess now unless we will fail christmas and none of this would be down to the fault of the posties , and all down to s**t management upper and lower 
-
TheoF95
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 20 Jan 2019, 10:07
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
I don't know where you work but that's how we do it in the SPDO's. Depending on the office. If I go to cover a trolley round and it has been hammered with packets i am talking 4/5 bags of packets along with 2/3 trays of mail. Then you don't pull it out to the fitting, you split up any loops so you can get it in a bag and you do the round a different way. It adds time but i don't mind. You then match up parcels and any that then become an "oversized " parcel and you will struggle to get it in a bag you pass to the van driver who takes the big parcels for your round?
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
im coping but dom says the worst will be this week.
-
RICARD020191962
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 06 Sep 2019, 13:40
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
I'm absolutely loving it. Busy as buggery but no pressure to rush round and complete in time. Have been on average 2/3 hours over every day but quite happy to work and claim the overtime required to get it done. My office clears every day but next week will definitely be challenging. Anyway only 8 delivery days to go then a well deserved 4 days off to relax and recover. £200 bonus on top of my o/t next Friday and a few Xmas tippies to come as well hopefully. Keep up the good work lads and lasses safe in the knowledge that if RM fails this Xmas it won't be down to us hard working posties, we know it and your customers will know it too.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
I am getting paid for the overtime so that is a good thing. On the reverse I have lost a stone in weight due to missing a meal each day and my trousers are hanging on me. The situation isn't sustainable in the long term by any measure.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
I'm coming in, doing my hours, and going home. Coping quite well thanks. 
-
thefox
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: How are you ALL coping
Got a hct take what i can throw packets out to driver i cant get in trolley, finished everyday on time best xmas ever