I ordered something as a gift for a family member. My item was sent tracked 48. It's been sat in a Yorkshire Delivery office for 3 days.
The excuse being given on the Royal Mail website is that some items might be delayed due to covid related illness. This is bullshit and I know it and want to complain
Why can't the union tell the Guardian or Channel 4 news what's really going on here?
People are paying for a service they are not receiving and because they don't complain, Royal Mail is getting away with it. The company is a disgrace.
They have totally failed to adequately prepare. They knew it was coming and they did less than nothing. Offices were knowingly understaffed before all of this and this has just been the icing on the cake. They don't know what they are doing. It's highlighted how feckless and useless these so called "managers" really are. They think they can bully and pressure people through this mess and it just isn't going to work. Not on me anyway. I don't fear them and I don't respect them. They themselves are just overpaid posties pissing in the wind. This company has treated its staff with nothing but contempt for the last two years (LONGER!) and it now expects us to bail them out. Well, Im sorry. Not this time and neither should you.
As for quality of service. OFCOM need to be informed. RM should not be selling first class items. It's miss selling.
I had to laugh when I read the official Royal Mail reply when asked about the delays. It began with the 3 words "Despite exhaustive planning................ " That was enough for me, if only the people knew what was really going on in delivery offices. We all knew what was coming but management ineptitude has led us to the situation we find ourselves in now.
My contact lenses arrived today 8 days after being sent out first class. I’m lucky I work at the office that covers the road I live in because I can collect my post at work everyday because for the vast majority of the last 6 months we only been getting deliveries every other day.
NDC actually welcomed losing John Lewis yesterday as it took some pressure off ! Unclear whether it’s a permanent loss.
Warrington Rail Terminal told to only put First Class on train to Scotland, obvs can’t cope up there, just created problem at WRT - where are they supposed to find space to hold work ?