ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Square peg in a round hole
-
Postmangit
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
- Gender: Male
Square peg in a round hole
You are right this Christmas work wise is horrendous, packets, parcels & letters everywhere, it’s all overwhelming. I just prep put a p739 card in everywhere that has a parcel or packet then bundle my walk up as normal but just take the p739 card & corresponding mail with it.
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Dreadful behaviour imo that, also it must take you an age writing out hundreds of 739s in the morning before you go out, surely it'd take less time to take the packets with you and just deliver them 
-
toonshola
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
This must be a wind up. But if it’s not what the hell do you do when a customer comes chasing you out the door with the red card? Must get a bit awkward.
-
Postmangit
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
I don’t write on them just pop them in the frame so I know what mail to take out to, obviously when I get to the property I don’t post the card
-
toonshola
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Ahh I see that’s completely different to what I thought you meant, apologies. Actually a good method if your having to leave Mail and concentrate on parcels to completePostmangit wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 20:20I don’t write on them just pop them in the frame so I know what mail to take out to, obviously when I get to the property I don’t post the card
-
Postmangit
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Yes that’s what We have been told, I have a 15/20 minute drive to my walk, so that eats into your time. I don’t want the over time so something has to give. The cards help with identifying what mail needs needs to go that has a parcel/packet, also if not in the p739 card comes in handy.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Lol had to laugh at that one.i realised what he did with cards but I see how you could read it the other way lol..
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Yes think I might try that myself, all doubled up on my frame which is a pain in the arse but definitely a good way to do it if your working to your time.
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
so this is where all the 739 cards are hiding. Managers say "we're having to ration them because they keep disappearing". What managers mean to say is Postmangit is hoarding them but they don't wanna name names.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Re: Square peg in a round hole
I was taught to do that from day one all those years ago and try and teach newbies the same.
Just be careful you don't post a blank card as some guys/girls do and have people calling looking for a non existent packet.
Just be careful you don't post a blank card as some guys/girls do and have people calling looking for a non existent packet.
-
Postmangit
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
To be honest I just reuse the same ones. If I can I will take the odd loop just to get rid of mail.
It’s my day off today, so already getting ready to be shafted tomorrow as it may not go out?
It’s my day off today, so already getting ready to be shafted tomorrow as it may not go out?
-
wardroom
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 19:17
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Why don’t you collect the cards they place in the York’s (all different colours) they are always thrown away, it works.
-
Postmangit
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
Could do but you can’t write it’s gone back on them can you ?

-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Square peg in a round hole
I just turn the letter round for parcels...
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male