ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniforms

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stokie1
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Oct 2020, 07:53
Gender: Male

Uniforms

Post by Stokie1 »

I started 4+weeks ago with a contract until June and was set up on the system last week. However, I have been advised I can only order boots and a coat i.e. PPE. Anyone else aware of this happening?
Rael, the IAK
Posts: 109
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by Rael, the IAK »

Have you logged onto the uniform website to see what it will allow you to order?
Stokie1
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Oct 2020, 07:53
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by Stokie1 »

Unable to access and DOM them advised me that only coats, hi-viz jackets and boots are available to order at the moment
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by robbertwhitton »

What a laughable system that is for new starters,doesn’t give them much hope for the future
Gingerninja73
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Aug 2020, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Uniforms

Post by Gingerninja73 »

I started in September and was advised I had to wait 7 weeks for my DOM to be able to order my uniform.
Finally, two weeks ago I got my full allocation of uniform. 1 x Trousers, 1 x shorts, 5 x tops, fleece, waterproof coat, shoes and hat.
There was no mention of only certain items being available.
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by postieblueshirt »

its surprisingly better than it was years ago.think i was 9 months before i got a uniform.
Willyarm
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Oct 2020, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by Willyarm »

When I first logged onto the dimensions ordering portal the only options were steel toe shoes and hi viz vests - I phoned the helpline number on the website and they changed my options to 'delivery' rather than 'warehouse' and I was able to choose everything. Not sure if I was supposed to, but I've not been asked for it back!
magicfinger
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 May 2019, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by magicfinger »

Willyarm wrote: ↑
08 Dec 2020, 09:49
When I first logged onto the dimensions ordering portal the only options were steel toe shoes and hi viz vests - I phoned the helpline number on the website and they changed my options to 'delivery' rather than 'warehouse' and I was able to choose everything. Not sure if I was supposed to, but I've not been asked for it back!
I remember doing exactly this to get access to basic uniform. After maybe 6 months or so some other items appeard in the portal that I was then able to order also.
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by Altrider »

Gingerninja73 wrote: ↑
07 Dec 2020, 19:06
I started in September and was advised I had to wait 7 weeks for my DOM to be able to order my uniform.
Finally, two weeks ago I got my full allocation of uniform. 1 x Trousers, 1 x shorts, 5 x tops, fleece, waterproof coat, shoes and hat.
There was no mention of only certain items being available.
That bit about the waterproof coat. They STILL breaching trade description like that? :crazy: :Very Happy
Rael, the IAK
Posts: 109
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

Re: Uniforms

Post by Rael, the IAK »

I've just looked up the full info for you. From day 1 you are entitled to shoes, 2 x bottoms, 5 x tops, fleece, hi-viz. After 6 weeks (as long as your contract exceeds 13 weeks) you get your full entitlement.
So, log on to the uniform website and see what it says. Your login is your payroll number and Delivery, you then need to change the password.
If the full allocation isn't offered, call the uniform team on 01332 697118 or email them at royalmail@dimensions.co.uk
Hope that helps and you get sorted
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Uniforms

Post by twoloops »

No wonder new starters do not last long, you are entitled to full kit, your Dom is trying it on, he knows the chances are you’ll quit within 3 months, if you get on joy see the union.